Groups

ipod classic help??

Banned
    hi i have an ipod classic 160gb i bought for £15 of a mate as it was currupted. When i plug into the computer it will not be recognised by the computer nor itunes. I assume this is because its currupted. i have tried what apple said and tried putting it into disk mode but it doesnt work. It comes up with a circle with and x in it. Could anyone suggest any other ways off getting it to be recognised so i can maybe restore it and install a differnt software on it.

Thanks in advance

13 Comments

got one for you mate. reset the ipod,then when it starts to boot up bang it hard on a table or floor until you hear the hd reset this sound stuipt but it works,the hd has slip and needs reset,i've done this a couple of times for friend a got it working

got one for you mate. reset the ipod,then when it starts to boot up bang it hard on a table or floor until you hear the hd reset this sound stuipt but it works,the hd has slip and needs reset,i've done this a couple of times for friend a got it working

Original Poster Banned

really i dont think so my self -_-

When you start it can you hard the hard drive spin up?

You can always replace the hard drive if it is kaput, get one off ebay, thats what I did.

Btw the banging it against something does sometimes work and you have nothing to lose.

Original Poster Banned

i have banged it and how do you open it up ?

just run something thin and hard along the long edges, it will pop open.

can you hear the drive running or is it clicking etc.

Original Poster Banned

greg_68

just run something thin and hard along the long edges, it will pop open.

ok thanks. Does it just pop back together gain after ?

yes, if you have doubts I am sure there are loads of how to's on youtube.

Original Poster Banned

greg_68

yes, if you have doubts I am sure there are loads of how to's on youtube.

ok thank you

Original Poster Banned

yes i just fixed it by smacking it against the floor in a last ditch effort

riteondeals

yes i just fixed it by smacking it against the floor in a last ditch … yes i just fixed it by smacking it against the floor in a last ditch effort

LOL I would say look out for a replacement drive still, its gotta be on its way out if thats the case!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. love affairs810
      2. word association Game73844475
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767217
      4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047101

See more discussions