Groups

iPod Nano 2G Question! Technical help required before I chuck it at a wall!

My friend has recently replaced her rather old iPod Nano 2G with a new MP3 player. The iPod Nano has rather a lot of problems and I offered to have a look at it for her to see if I could fix it........and it turns out I can't.

It keeps freezing and occasionally won't play music and when it does, it doesn't like pausing or skipping tracks.

I have restored it twice and reset it a number of times but it keeps having these problems and I can't figure out what is wrong with it, I am assuming a hardware fault?

Does anyone here know what might be wrong with it or is it beyond repair?

Thanks

7 Comments

sounds like the hard drive is kaput.new ones abt 30 quid on the 'bay'

I used to work for Apple

It is what is known in the industry as knackered and has gone to ipod heaven

sell it on ebay for a few quid and put the cash towards a nice new one

Original Poster

boothy;7476899

I used to work for AppleIt is what is known in the industry as knackered … I used to work for AppleIt is what is known in the industry as knackered and has gone to ipod heavensell it on ebay for a few quid and put the cash towards a nice new one

It's not mine, it's a friends. She has now got a new iPod Touch and I just offered to look at the Nano for her to see if it was a fixable fault but it appears to "knackered" as you say.

Is it worth anything?

kimbyanne;7476962

It's not mine, it's a friends. She has now got a new iPod Touch and I … It's not mine, it's a friends. She has now got a new iPod Touch and I just offered to look at the Nano for her to see if it was a fixable fault but it appears to "knackered" as you say. Is it worth anything?

about a tenner try it in the FS section on here:thumbsup:

Original Poster

boothy;7476975

about a tenner try it in the FS section on here:thumbsup:

Lol, I guess seeing as you can buy working ones on eBay for under £40, a faulty one isn't worth much!

I might offer her something for it and continue to try and save it, if not I quite fancy taking it apart for some weird reason (can you take nano's apart?!)

Original Poster

dcx_badass;7477106

Nano's don't have hard drives.

Then what does it have?

Original Poster

dcx_badass;7477247

Flash memory. Only classics and the 'big' ipods use them (except the … Flash memory. Only classics and the 'big' ipods use them (except the mini).

and is flash memory something that can die?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Disney descendants duvet36
      2. BBQ Lighter Fuel or Gel22
      3. laptop for editing 4k videos (3840×2160p 30 fps)11
      4. Customs charged too much for a little item!67

See more discussions