Groups

IPOD or PSP or PMP

Hello All

Im thinking about buying a new portable media player but I can't make up my mind.
    I want to mainly watch Divx and Xvid movies and need a watch able screen it also has to have a decent battery life the longer the better. Playing Podcasts and mp3s would also be a huge bonus and it needs to be portable. I know this is asking alot but just wondered that my options are:

I could get a PSP but it is limited to 4GIG memory disk
    I could get a IPOD but this the screens are far to small to watch movies.
    I could get a Anrchos 604 but it does not look that portable not sure how thin they are?
    Or im actualy thinking it might be better to go the whole hog and buy a netbook like the Acer one for £200! im sure its battery would last along time.

Anyone care to advise?

12 Comments

psp will take up to 32gb

i have got a psp with a 2gb card if i dont compress too much i can fit 2 films and a few mp3 albums on it. i watch a film i wipe it off so its not a problem only having 2 gb. battery life is about 5-6 hours and you have got the option of playing games too

ps you can surf the internet too, not ideal but ok ish

Original Poster

ding;4610628

i have got a psp with a 2gb card if i dont compress too much i can fit 2 … i have got a psp with a 2gb card if i dont compress too much i can fit 2 films and a few mp3 albums on it. i watch a film i wipe it off so its not a problem only having 2 gb. battery life is about 5-6 hours and you have got the option of playing games too ps you can surf the internet too, not ideal but ok ish

I used to have an old PSP 1.5 which had home-brew on it if I buy a new PSP lite is it possible to still run homebrew? ideally needs to run divx or xvid or i suppose i can convert them to MP4 ?

why dont you get an ipod touch

I don't think a PSP can play DivX format videos.

slinkydonkey;4610689

I used to have an old PSP 1.5 which had home-brew on it if I buy a new … I used to have an old PSP 1.5 which had home-brew on it if I buy a new PSP lite is it possible to still run homebrew? ideally needs to run divx or xvid or i suppose i can convert them to MP4 ?

the new 3000 ones you cant

thesaint;4610745

I don't think a PSP can play DivX format videos.

no it doesnt i just convert from divx to mpeg 4 using nero recode or free software psp video 9

Original Poster

ding;4610786

the new 3000 ones you cant no it doesnt i just convert from divx to mpeg … the new 3000 ones you cant no it doesnt i just convert from divx to mpeg 4 using nero recode or free software psp video 9

Thanks Ding think ill get a new PSP Lite then I also heard if you install an old PSP battery into a new one it lasts even longer

It takes forever to convert movies.

Get a creative zen vision m, screen isnt that big but its perfect for what you want it for. 30GB costs around like £50ish from ebay and it plays most formats without the need to convert.

What about a GP2X? Much cheaper than a new PSP or IPOD and can't beat a bit of retro goodiness on the go.

This may be of interest (persuaded me to get one!)

craig.gp2x.de/rev…tml

get psp video 9, i converted "the mask" to around 250mb! and it was completely watchable.

slinkydonkey;4610813

Thanks Ding think ill get a new PSP Lite then I also heard if you … Thanks Ding think ill get a new PSP Lite then I also heard if you install an old PSP battery into a new one it lasts even longer

But some of the lites have the new mother boards so some lites you cannot flash

ipod touch
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…2037
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767295
      3. Beer experts help required!22
      4. word association Game73944500

See more discussions