Groups

Ipod Problem

Hi all, my 1gb iPod shuffle has decided to stop working - when I try to listen to it, the green and orange lights flash alternatively - which my instructions tell me means there are no songs loaded on it.

Have tried removing and reloading my playlist on there but still no luck, have then run the diagnostics thing and I have the error 'one or more sync tests failed'

I have googled the phrase and found a few forums where people have had the same problem, but no one seems to have answer!!

The diagnostic is

"Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
    Dell Inc. Vostro 200
    iTunes 7.6.2.9
    QuickTime 7.4.5
    CD Driver 2.0.7.3
    CD Driver DLL 2.1.1.1
    Apple Mobile Device 1.1.4.7

iTunes Serial Number A8324AEA995464DB

Current user is an administrator.
    The current local date and time is 2008-04-22 19:11:21.
    iTunes is not running in safe mode.

Video Display Information

256MB ATI Radeon X1300PRO
    256MB ATI Radeon X1300PRO Secondary

**** External Plug-ins Information ****

No external plug-ins installed.

**** iPhone/iPod Touch Sync Tests ****

One or more sync tests failed."

Here's hoping someone here will be able to help.... please!!

19 Comments

When you plug in your ipod, does it appear in iTunes?

Original Poster

Yes it does

Can you tick the box that says "Manually manage music"?
    Then drag some songs onto your ipod from the main library.
    Eject the iPod.
    See if it plays.

Original Poster

Greg;1947285

Restore it to factory … Restore it to factory settings:http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=300701

Thanks - but I've tried this one as well - forget to put that I had in the OP

Sounds like you have a faulty device then. How old is it?

Original Poster

Magic_monkey;1947290

Can you tick the box that says "Manually manage music"?Then drag some … Can you tick the box that says "Manually manage music"?Then drag some songs onto your ipod from the main library.Eject the iPod.See if it plays.

Sorry if I'm being thick - where is that box?

Original Poster

Greg;1947310

Sounds like you have a faulty device then. How old is it?

Got it around January time - has been fine up til yesterday.

When your ipod appears in itunes on the left had side column.
    Click on it so that the summary screen appears in the main window (where the songs in the library normally are)
    It should be at the bottom of that window.

Magic_monkey;1947290

Can you tick the box that says "Manually manage music"?Then drag some … Can you tick the box that says "Manually manage music"?Then drag some songs onto your ipod from the main library.Eject the iPod.See if it plays.

I dont think the Manually manage music box is on the options for a shuffle

Original Poster

snootin;1947323

I dont think the Manually manage music box is on the options for a shuffle

Yes that's right - can't do it. :-(

Ah right. How do you normally put songs onto the shuffle? Drag and drop within iTunes or automatic sync?

Original Poster

Drag and drop

So it displays no songs are on the ipod when it's in itunes?
    What happens when you try to drop one in?

Original Poster

according to itunes, there are songs on the ipod, but when i eject it and try to listen, nothing plays and the green and orange lights flash

hi just found this online maybe this will help
    Maybe radical but this worked for me.
    My computer-select ipod,Right click and format disc (fat 32)
    Once refomatted plug in to computer and start Itunes.
    Click on Restore to factory settings, At the end of that you will need to plug it briefly into an ac outlet.
    Reconnect ti computer and start Itunes.
    Sync with library.
    This worked for me after trying everything else I could fine failed.

My error when I ran diagnostics said "one or more sync tests failed."

snootin;1947415

hi just found this online maybe this will help Maybe radical but this … hi just found this online maybe this will help Maybe radical but this worked for me.My computer-select ipod,Right click and format disc (fat 32)Once refomatted plug in to computer and start Itunes. Click on Restore to factory settings, At the end of that you will need to plug it briefly into an ac outlet.Reconnect ti computer and start Itunes.Sync with library.This worked for me after trying everything else I could fine failed.My error when I ran diagnostics said "one or more sync tests failed."

Sound's like a good idea to me, since the shuffle doesn't hold many songs, it wont take long to put them on again. Takes more than 2 hours to put all the songs back on to my iPod lol

Original Poster

snootin;1947415

hi just found this online maybe this will help Maybe radical but this … hi just found this online maybe this will help Maybe radical but this worked for me.My computer-select ipod,Right click and format disc (fat 32)Once refomatted plug in to computer and start Itunes. Click on Restore to factory settings, At the end of that you will need to plug it briefly into an ac outlet.Reconnect ti computer and start Itunes.Sync with library.This worked for me after trying everything else I could fine failed.My error when I ran diagnostics said "one or more sync tests failed."

Wow - it worked!!! Thank you so much!

Will ad rep to all - thanks again

im glad it worked ok for you ::)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764150
      2. Any PS4 News Here29213612
      3. The great big HUKD Nintendo thread3335655
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?2283

See more discussions