IPod shuffle

Posted 30th Aug
I have music on CD I want to transfer on to my iPod shuffle how do I get the songs from the CD on to my shuffle without a disk drive on my computer. Please can someone help.
Community Updates
Ask
17 Comments
You need a disk drive how else would you rip ?
You have to worry about some people, get dvd drive they are a tenner on amazon.
Get a USB DVD drive if you’re unable to get an internal drive.
Thanks I could get external drive but I only want to do this once. It would cost more than the iPod shuffle. I wondered if it is actually possible to do without the DVD drive. I know I could get one but don't want to waste money on something I will not use more than once.
pc197430/08/2020 12:06

Thanks I could get external drive but I only want to do this once. It …Thanks I could get external drive but I only want to do this once. It would cost more than the iPod shuffle. I wondered if it is actually possible to do without the DVD drive. I know I could get one but don't want to waste money on something I will not use more than once.

Find a friend that has a computer with an optical drive and ask them to rip the music for you. Or just do the obvious thing and buy an external USB drive. How else do you think you could rip a CD without having something to insert the disk in to?
No one I know has a DVD drive with their computer. I thought getting the songs off internet maybe saving it on phone then transferring it to laptop then to shuffle might be the last resort. I just wondered if it was possible seems not.
if you bought the cds from amazon you may have the mp3s in your amazon account.
Download the music illegally
pc197430/08/2020 12:34

No one I know has a DVD drive with their computer. I thought getting the …No one I know has a DVD drive with their computer. I thought getting the songs off internet maybe saving it on phone then transferring it to laptop then to shuffle might be the last resort. I just wondered if it was possible seems not.

Well there are ways of downloading music, both legally and illegally. But you specifically asked “how to get the songs from the cd”. I don’t understand why you wouldn’t just spend £15 and buy an external USB drive to instantly solve the problem. You say that you don’t want to buy something that you’d use only once but do you really think that you’d never ever want to rip another cd again in the future?
I have had my last computer with an internal CD player over three years ago and have never used one since. That is how little I use a cd player for my computer. I do have a stereo with a cd player but don't think that will attach to my computer for the purpose of transferring my songs. But if anyone can tell me otherwise that would be useful for the thing I want to do. I have loads of cd 's don't need to illegally download the music
pc197430/08/2020 13:27

I have had my last computer with an internal CD player over three years …I have had my last computer with an internal CD player over three years ago and have never used one since. That is how little I use a cd player for my computer. I do have a stereo with a cd player but don't think that will attach to my computer for the purpose of transferring my songs. But if anyone can tell me otherwise that would be useful for the thing I want to do. I have loads of cd 's don't need to illegally download the music

There is literally no way to magically transfer music from CD to iPod without an optical drive or owning the songs digitally.
Just throw it really hard at the shuffle.
Just buy a usb cd/dvd drive off eBay or amazon, about £8

Or use your stereo and run the headphone out to the input on your Mac/pc and record.
Edited by: "Bluefusion" 30th Aug
pc197430/08/2020 13:27

I have loads of cd 's don't need to illegally download the music

Well if you have loads of CDs then just go and buy a cheap USB disk drive, that's what everybody here is telling you to do. It's a cheap and simple solution to your problem. I really don't understand why you wouldn't just go and do that and have the job done.
Bluefusion30/08/2020 18:46

use your stereo and run the headphone out to the input on your Mac/pc and …use your stereo and run the headphone out to the input on your Mac/pc and record.

You could do that but it would be an extremely long winded way of doing it. You'd have to get a cable, then play each cd in real time on your hi-fi (ie 70 minutes for example), then use something like Audacity to chop each album recording in to individual tracks, then manually fill in the ID3 metadata for each one. Or just spend a tenner on a drive and rip it automatically, I know which one I'd choose.
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 30th Aug
Haircut_10030/08/2020 22:16

You could do that but it would be an extremely long winded way of doing …You could do that but it would be an extremely long winded way of doing it. You'd have to get a cable, then play each cd in real time on your hi-fi (ie 70 minutes for example), then use something like Audacity to chop each album recording in to individual tracks, then manually fill in the ID3 metadata for each one. Or just spend a tenner on a drive and rip it automatically, I know which one I'd choose.

Yep agree, however, the OP wanted solutions without buying a cd/dvd reader - that was one of them. :-)
Edited by: "Bluefusion" 31st Aug
If you don't want to buy a CD drive then the alternative is to buy the album on MP3 and transfer the songs to the iPod instead
Post a comment
@
    Text