Ipod Touch 1st Gen from Argos

Managed to get one of these from Argos from a deal a few months ago.
If I remember right, it said free upgrade to the latest software version from Apple.
Can anyone tell me how to do this for free?
At the minute, it's version 1.1.5 (4B1)

When I go to Itunes, it says that it costs £5.99

5 Comments

sorry but the free upgrade was already included. the latest version 2.2 will cost you. i think its £5.99 to upgrade to 2.0 then you can goto 2.2 for free

Original Poster

wolf359;3863009

sorry but the free upgrade was already included. the latest version 2.2 … sorry but the free upgrade was already included. the latest version 2.2 will cost you. i think its £5.99 to upgrade to 2.0 then you can goto 2.2 for free

was already included where ? I remember the thread saying that you could upload to the latest version for free.
Can anyone find the thread ?

mrtootough;3863021

was already included where ? I remember the thread saying that you could … was already included where ? I remember the thread saying that you could upload to the latest version for free.Can anyone find the thread ?

hotukdeals.com/ite…-d/ Post #7

Or here- sizlopedia.com/200…ee/

you could update to the latest version that was available when that ipod was first sold, since then the ver 2.0 upgrade came out. you can still upgrade to the latest version for free if you can find the firmware somewhere online as was mentioned inthat thread but if you want to do it through the itunes store you have to pay

Original Poster

wolf359;3863694

you could update to the latest version that was available when that ipod … you could update to the latest version that was available when that ipod was first sold, since then the ver 2.0 upgrade came out. you can still upgrade to the latest version for free if you can find the firmware somewhere online as was mentioned inthat thread but if you want to do it through the itunes store you have to pay

updated to version 2.1 the free way. iTunes won't let me update to 2.2 though.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Argos 3 for 2 reserving early44
    2. DashCam Recommendation With Front And Rear Camera Built In22
    3. £1500 55 inch 4K TV56
    4. SCS add ons... are they worth it??48

See more discussions