Groups

iPod Touch 3.0 Firmware update (1st Gen)

iTunes keeps asking me, do I want to update my (1st gen touch 2.2.1) to version 3. Is there any reason I shouldn't + Will I notice any difference ?

ta

6 Comments

Apple wouldn't create an update if there wasn't any need to.

you can update it for free if you want just download the 3.0 ipod touch 1st gen firmware from felixbruns and go on to itunes and hold shift and press on the restore button and it will show all your computer files and where ever you put the 3.0 firmware go there and click on it and it will start. i did it this way

Original Poster

Thanks... only just realised you have to pay for it !

zermattbusby;6137402

Thanks... only just realised you have to pay for it !

yep thats why i did it the other way and it works the same

atigona;6137353

you can update it for free if you want just download the 3.0 ipod touch … you can update it for free if you want just download the 3.0 ipod touch 1st gen firmware from felixbruns and go on to itunes and hold shift and press on the restore button and it will show all your computer files and where ever you put the 3.0 firmware go there and click on it and it will start. i did it this way

don't click restore, shift + update and you won't lose all you music and apps.

Original Poster

TWIGGY4LIFE 666;6137887

don't click restore, shift + update and you won't lose all you music and … don't click restore, shift + update and you won't lose all you music and apps.

lol... to late :whistling: just taken 1hr to restore them from iTunes, thanks anyway,
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game74044550
      2. It is a Yorkshire pudding wrap.1424
      3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17866387
      4. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4594775

See more discussions