Found 20th Jun 2009
Just recieved my 2nd Gen touch and loaded itunes etc on my pc, keeps banging on about the 3.0 update just released, would my touch already have this update or is it for older models? (by the way cheers to all that persuaded me to buy it, amazing bit of kit!!)

17 Comments

you can find out what firmware you have on it when you connect it to itunes, 3.0 was only released theis week so its the latest one

If it's asking for the update then you do not have the update.

I would stick with what you got so far if you want to be able to try before you buy

Touch wont come with them on, you can get it for free anyway just not by legitimate means:
blogsdna.com/370…htm

Original Poster

t0mm;5544542

Touch wont come with them on, you can get it for free anyway just not by … Touch wont come with them on, you can get it for free anyway just not by legitimate means: http://www.blogsdna.com/3706/how-to-update-ipod-touch-to-30-firmware-for-free.htm

:thumbsup:

shame all the links no longer work at minute

dontasciime;5544573

Nothing the torrent's wont sort out :thumbsup:

Original Poster

souljacker;5544531

you can find out what firmware you have on it when you connect it to … you can find out what firmware you have on it when you connect it to itunes, 3.0 was only released theis week so its the latest one

Wonder if its worth it?

I hate torrents I prefer rapid$

Original Poster

t0mm;5544577

Nothing the torrent's wont sort out :thumbsup:

Just found it on iptorrents:thumbsup:, rep left

did it work ?
What gen Ipod are you using ?

It will work with 1G and 2G iPod touch

I still find it rather amusing that they charge for firmware updates (i-touch). Yeah it may add features but really at the same time firmware is there to save having to return hardware when a fault arises that can be fixed via firmware and saving said company money in postage, repairs etc.

I think it's because it's called 'iPhone OS' so you're paying to upgrade for a licence i guess.

whereas it's free to iPhone uses.

Banned

t0mm;5545217

It will work with 1G and 2G iPod touch

not according to Apple and iTunes

2nd Gen only

dimebars;5546309

not according to Apple and iTunes2nd Gen only

i think its just the bluetooth a2dp that is 2g only

dontasciime;5544573

You can get the ipod/iphone firmware ]HERE.

t0mm;5544542

Touch wont come with them on, you can get it for free anyway just not by … Touch wont come with them on, you can get it for free anyway just not by legitimate means: http://www.blogsdna.com/3706/how-to-update-ipod-touch-to-30-firmware-for-free.htm

Cheers for linky :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Why was the deal I just posted removed?78
    2. Foo fighters presale code.109
    3. Advice on a cheaper hand held vacuum please.33
    4. Lost snipping tool on windows 10 laptop48

See more discussions