Groups

Ipod touch 4g, which JB software to use

This is going to be for my daughters chrimble, mostly for games/music, so which is the best software to JB it with and also has the easiest interface to work with.
    tar.

8 Comments

Original Poster

dcx_badass I used greenpoison with not problems, I was running IOS4.1, … dcx_badass I used greenpoison with not problems, I was running IOS4.1, what version are you on as that is more important than the model and you neglected to mention it.

brand new not hooked it up yet.

Settings > Genral > About - what firmware you running?

Original Poster

Settings > Genral > About - what firmware you running?

no IOS on it yet, when switched on it says connect to iTunes.

you got no choice itunes will force you to get 4.2

current j/b is redsnow for 4.2

Original Poster

you got no choice itunes will force you to get 4.2 current j/b is redsnow … you got no choice itunes will force you to get 4.2 current j/b is redsnow for 4.2

cheers, is this any good or is worth waiting for the others to come up with a crack for 4.2

redsn0w is a tethered jb im running it on both ipad and ip4, works very well but you have to keep the batteries fully charged , until comex sorts an untethered jb out that is ,plug it in to the comp to see what fw its on

All iPhones, iPods and ipads tell you to plug into iTunes when they are new. Because you have to do the initial setup. It has got iOS you will just have to set it up before you can see what version is on it. If it's a new device it will more than likely be on 4.1 (don't update to 4.2 just yet) get it setup then jailbreak with either limer1an or greenpois0n both are very easy to use. (both for 4.1 are un-tethered) after you have jailbroke it click on cydia an make shaw you click (MAKE MY LIKE EASIER). Apple will not be signing SHSH blobs for much longer. It's very important that you get the shsh's saved. They will allow you to downgrade in the future if u need to! I have a 3GS an a 4 both on 4.1 jailbroke with limera1n and a iPad on 4.2.1 jailbroke with redsn0w (tethered). Hope this helps.

Original Poster

mayo1985 -All iPhones, iPods and ipads tell you to plug into iTunes when … mayo1985 -All iPhones, iPods and ipads tell you to plug into iTunes when they are new. Because you have to do the initial setup. It has got iOS you will just have to set it up before you can see what version is on it. If it's a new device it will more than likely be on 4.1 (don't update to 4.2 just yet) get it setup then jailbreak with either limer1an or greenpois0n both are very easy to use. (both for 4.1 are un-tethered) after you have jailbroke it click on cydia an make shaw you click (MAKE MY LIKE EASIER). Apple will not be signing SHSH blobs for much longer. It's very important that you get the shsh's saved. They will allow you to downgrade in the future if u need to! I have a 3GS an a 4 both on 4.1 jailbroke with limera1n and a iPad on 4.2.1 jailbroke with redsn0w (tethered). Hope this helps.

cheers took a few attempts but got it going and also about the back up of the shsh.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Argos 3 for 2 reserving early44
      2. DashCam Recommendation With Front And Rear Camera Built In22
      3. £1500 55 inch 4K TV56
      4. SCS add ons... are they worth it??48

See more discussions