Groups

Ipod touch!!!!!

I have an ipod touch 2nd gen. I have been speaking to a friend at work and he seems to think there is an app out that you can turn your ipod touch into a mobile. Anybody come across this and if so could you drop me some advice
    thanks

9 Comments

Skype, viber or truphone apps mean you can make Internet phone calls to other users with that app but you need at least 2nd gen itouch as 1st gen don't have a microphone.

Original Poster

ok will have a look at them in a bit. thanks for that

theres that facetime app but you can only ring people who also have it i think, im not clued up on these but my nephew just got one for his birthday.

op, why did you waste your money on a touch?

there are loads n loads of barred/blacklisted iphones out there for pennies- use those as ipod touch with the added bonus of built in sat nav, microphone, better camera etc etc

dont be a mug, always be one step ahead of apple

sedd33

op, why did you waste your money on a touch?there are loads n loads of … op, why did you waste your money on a touch?there are loads n loads of barred/blacklisted iphones out there for pennies- use those as ipod touch with the added bonus of built in sat nav, microphone, better camera etc etcdont be a mug, always be one step ahead of apple

It is a good idea, but I cannot remember seeing a barred iphone for sale. I think it is banned on this site, but would that be ebay/gumtree or somewhere else?

@ darklight ...or anyone else who may know

these apple peel things any good?

i believe there're two types ...one of silicone rubber (pretty much like the flimsy silicone cases you can get for most handsets) and also there's a hard plastic shell version I believe.. that's all i know as far as build quality is concerned .In terms of call quality they're supposed to be good. I told a mate who was in China not long ago and he looked for it. said it was impressive to use. hope this helps.
    needed jaibreak though!

apologies for dragging up an old(ish) thread, but anyone else have any experiences of this apple peel for a 3rd gen ipod touch?
    my daughter has the touch, and was tempted to buy her this to turn it into a moby for her.
    Edited by: "J9STL" 13th Mar 2011
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Looking for a mobile phone with a £300 budget22
      2. What is the true cost of 4K HDR home cinema entertainment in 2017?66
      3. Ps4 slim how much should I charge 2nd hand.56
      4. Quidco and new IPAD 'Prevent Cross-Site Tracking'11

See more discussions