Groups
    EXPIRED

ipod touch 8gb help please :-)

Hi im looking for an ipod touch 8gb for my fella for xmas. I have had a look at the many threads on here regarding them but im still hopeless with this sort of thing!

Could anyone please tell me the main features of a 1st, 2nd and a 3rd generation one.
    Also i saw this one here simplybe.co.uk/sho…ion?pdLpUid=MG630&pdBoUid=9790&LpgUid=11148773#colour:,size:
    would i be able to know from the pic what generation one it is? i have emailed them already but awaiting a response.
    Many thanks

- Teeth_Extractor

9 Comments

I have also been looking for one and don't really know what I'm looking for either. There have been some good deals on here for the 8gb for around the £140 mark, which includes a free itunes voucher and docking station. Asda are doing the deal instore but mine have sold out. Others named are currys and dixons, but I cant find the deal online. The one in your link looks a bit overpriced compared with the ones I have been looking at. Good luck with your search and if i find one I will let you know.

Original Poster

Thankyou for your reply, its sooooo confusing isnt it! i dont use these things and didnt even own a walkman! lol
    Thanks for posting if you find elsewhere etc, much appreciated.
    The only reason im looking at the simply be one is that i can spread the cost a bit on my fellas pressie this way and i can get 20% off at the mo so will bring it down to about 160 (i dont own a credit card lol) but just need to know if its an old one or a newer version

Im with you on this one..deciding to get my hubby one of those i pod things..i have no clue as to which one to get or where to get it from..seems everyone has deals on but i dont understand what the thingummy whatsits they give you with the damn thing do!!

Think the main difference is:-

1st gen doesn't have a built in speaker

2nd gen has the built in speaker

& 3rd gen is the same as 2nd gen but faster loading/processing things

I just bought one online from HMV . Cost £149 delivered and comes with a free alam clock dock worth £49.
    I believe its the latest version as its only been available since september. There have been other deals on HOTUKD over the past few weeks, but everywhere seems to have sold out or expired. Amazon are selling them for £139
    bunny_boiler....I have found one ( i believe is the latest model) for £179 at littlewoods.com. They do 0% finance. Plus 8% quidco cashback. plus £20 first order discount using code ZZ363.

lyzzys321;6977582

Think the main difference is:-1st gen doesn't have a built in speaker 2nd … Think the main difference is:-1st gen doesn't have a built in speaker 2nd gen has the built in speaker& 3rd gen is the same as 2nd gen but faster loading/processing things

the processor on a 2nd gen and a 3rd gen are the same, the only difference between 2nd & 3rd is the firmware, also if you buy the bigger ones you get headphones wth mic

Original Poster

andymwh1972;6978991

I just bought one online from HMV . Cost £149 delivered and comes with a … I just bought one online from HMV . Cost £149 delivered and comes with a free alam clock dock worth £49.I believe its the latest version as its only been available since september. There have been other deals on HOTUKD over the past few weeks, but everywhere seems to have sold out or expired. Amazon are selling them for £139bunny_boiler....I have found one ( i believe is the latest model) for £179 at http://www.littlewoods.com. They do 0% finance. Plus 8% quidco cashback. plus £20 first order discount using code ZZ363.

Wow thankyou very much, definitely gonna take a looky see :-D

Original Poster

waycash;6979164

the processor on a 2nd gen and a 3rd gen are the same, the only … the processor on a 2nd gen and a 3rd gen are the same, the only difference between 2nd & 3rd is the firmware, also if you buy the bigger ones you get headphones wth mic

ok i followed the first bit .....but ummm whats firmware? :oops:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sky67
      2. Import charges from USA22
      3. Lidl Memory Foam Mattress913
      4. Best supermarket Disaronno?89

See more discussions