Groups

Ipod Touch apps question

Can i get any app for my ipod touch that is available for the iphone or are there 2 different types of apps if that made sense ?

So for eg : there is a weather app one version for iphone other version for ipod touch

then there might be an app available for the iphone that isnt available for the ipod touch ?

8 Comments

I assumed you could get all apps and it depends on the device you have, whether the app works or not..

Original Poster

Ipod touch 3rd generation :), so im assuming i can get all new apps.

Banned

yes, might be some difference in some apps, the iphone has a phone, so bound to be apps to do with phoning specifically, and iphone can get data via phone network, so again some apps are relevant to that

im sure either apps store detects when you use the device to browse and buy, or itunes will guide, or they will make it very clear to you on the app details

Original Poster

ele-font;8037199

I assumed you could get all apps and it depends on the device you have, … I assumed you could get all apps and it depends on the device you have, whether the app works or not..

jubbyme;8037228

yes, might be some difference in some apps, the iphone has a phone, so … yes, might be some difference in some apps, the iphone has a phone, so bound to be apps to do with phoning specifically, and iphone can get data via phone network, so again some apps are relevant to thatim sure either apps store detects when you use the device to browse and buy, or itunes will guide, or they will make it very clear to you on the app details

Rep added

there are apps that only work on the iphone. they focus on the phone features. there are even apps that do not work on the different versions of the iphone.

bargaincrazy09;8037223

Ipod touch 3rd generation :), so im assuming i can get all new apps.

Not quite. There are those apps that only work on the iPhone, as others have said. In addition to the ones that work with the phone features, there are also others that only work with the compass.

Original Poster

Ok i guess its just my luck then , what i can and cant use.

Banned

bargaincrazy09;8039066

Ok i guess its just my luck then , what i can and cant use.

I wouldnt worry that you might buy an app that wont work, there are already many different versions of iphones/touch and they have to make it pretty idiot proof (i am saying nothing about apple owners:whistling: )
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk22
      2. Win a Karcher Xpert Pressure Washer88
      3. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains98
      4. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon33

See more discussions