Found 2nd Sep 2010
I've just started using my partners ipod touch (3rd gen 32gb) which is 10 months old and the battery appears to be crap if i'm doing anything but listening to music.

Off a full charge, I'm getting about 45 minutes play time of angry birds, with wifi turned off.

I'm just running the apple battery test (leaving music playing non stop) and it's been on for 5 hours now and the battery indicator hasn't moved so in apple's eyes I’m guessing there’s nothing wrong with it but is this common when it comes to using apps?

Does anyone know anything I can do to improve it? Or worsen it so I could get it replaced by apple?

Appreciate any info.

8 Comments

Try running it completely flat, then full charging without interruption. Repeat that every day for a couple of weeks.

I play World Series poker on my iPod Touch and used to be able to kill it in my lunch hour. Last hours now after a few full battery cycles.

Why do people post apple related issues on here when there is a forum called Apple Discussions that is a million times better? Google it.

Original Poster

pfallan

Why do people post apple related issues on here when there is a forum … Why do people post apple related issues on here when there is a forum called Apple Discussions that is a million times better? Google it.

Erm maybe because I've never heard of the Apple Discussions forum and like to stick to forums I know...

pfallan

Why do people post apple related issues on here when there is a forum … Why do people post apple related issues on here when there is a forum called Apple Discussions that is a million times better? Google it.

could say the same about most threads in misc somewhere on the web will be a dedicated forum for them...

pfallan

why not post that on the WhingersRUs forum, would be more suited

If its still in warranty do the mail in replacement thing...it will be replaced no questions asked

Original Poster

boothy

If its still in warranty do the mail in replacement thing...it will be … If its still in warranty do the mail in replacement thing...it will be replaced no questions asked

is that done through their website?

cd02

is that done through their website?

Here you go
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. printing pictures33
    2. Switch from BT to BT same property different person47
    3. changing a dimmer swith to normal light switch45
    4. Swimming goggles for 3 year old44