ipod touch help please......

13 replies
Found 31st Jan 2009
hiya i really want to put a few films from my computer to my ipod touch(1st gen).
Ive heard you need either mp3 or mpeg???????
i'm really lost not sure what to do any ideas or sites would be helpfull.
I have basic computer skills so no jargon.

13 Comments

What type of files are they?

Banned

i used some free software to ripp them to my computer them load them to my ipod and I am a computer duffer but managed to have a film and several music dvd`s on my ipod

Original Poster

Daft Punk;4244566

What type of files are they?

avi files

Original Poster

dog_cop;4244600

i used some free software to ripp them to my computer them load them to … i used some free software to ripp them to my computer them load them to my ipod and I am a computer duffer but managed to have a film and several music dvd`s on my ipod

what was the software?

iPod supports only mp4 and h.264 video, you just need to convert your avi video to iPod compatible video, then make a playlist on iTunes, add the converted video to the playlist, plug in your iPod to computer, then sync your iPod with iTunes, done.

Thats the basics, The link below will take you to a step by step guide on how to do it.
freedvdripper.net/gui…tml

START FROM PART 2!!!! (THIS LINK also provides software for converting)

Good Luck

Original Poster

Daft Punk;4244666

iPod supports only mp4 and h.264 video, you just need to convert your avi … iPod supports only mp4 and h.264 video, you just need to convert your avi video to iPod compatible video, then make a playlist on iTunes, add the converted video to the playlist, plug in your iPod to computer, then sync your iPod with iTunes, done.Thats the basics, The link below will take you to a step by step guide on how to do it.http://www.freedvdripper.net/guides/rip-dvd-convert-video-to-ipod-touch-nano.htmlSTART FROM PART 2!!!! (THIS LINK also provides software for converting)Good Luck

you have to pay for it

Everything you need is here to convert the movies for your ipod, also you can rip videos from youtube that will play on your ipod in great quality i use it all the time!

dvdvideosoft.com/

my bad, but makershakers link should work perfectly

Original Poster

Daft Punk;4245005

the avs video converter????????

Banned

montanafish;4245032

the avs video converter????????

will post the details of what i use when i am on me other computer

Original Poster

dog_cop;4245050

will post the details of what i use when i am on me other computer

ok thanks

Original Poster

makershaker;4244944

Everything you need is here to convert the movies for your ipod, also you … Everything you need is here to convert the movies for your ipod, also you can rip videos from youtube that will play on your ipod in great quality i use it all the time!http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/

thanks i will try that

Original Poster

Daft Punk;4245005

thankyou for your help will let you know if i mess up..lol
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Laptop Recommendation - HELP PLEASE22
    2. Ideas on a upgrade from a UE boombox please?10
    3. I posted a deal that has been removed410