Groups

ipod touch help please

I have just bought an ipod touch 1g from a car boot sale which has a faulty power button.

I tried updating the firmware in case it was a software issue but no luck fixing it.
    I've heard there is an app in the Cydia market that can be used as a work around to a power off button but would need to jailbreak the ipod first.

Does anybody know how I can jailbreak the ipod without using the power button? Is there a reset button in any of the settings menus I can use maybe?

7 Comments

if it wasn't registered already with apple then register it and send it away for repair.....they are pretty good for that if its an apple fault rather than a user fault :-)

spirit will jailbreak it and you don't need to use the power button, it works in a similar manner to blackra1n

Original Poster

helcatamy1;8879048

if it wasn't registered already with apple then register it and send it … if it wasn't registered already with apple then register it and send it away for repair.....they are pretty good for that if its an apple fault rather than a user fault :-)

Checked and it has been registered before. It's the 1st gen so the warranty is long gone.

Original Poster

wolf359;8879369

spirit will jailbreak it and you don't need to use the power button, it … spirit will jailbreak it and you don't need to use the power button, it works in a similar manner to blackra1n

I've never looked in to it, can you give me any links please?

spiritjb.com/

it worked a treat on my ipod touch 2g

Original Poster

wolf359;8879471

http://spiritjb.com/it worked a treat on my ipod touch 2g

Thanks! That was so simple lol. Just need to find the right apps now :thumbsup:

no problem, just google installous and hackulous, you'll then find instructions on adding hackulous to cydia
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …1328
      2. How to cancel Sky subscription22
      3. How to unblock a vacuum hose which is completely jammed with dust and fluff…33
      4. USB Portable CD Drive advice22

See more discussions