Groups

Ipod touch jailbreak

Bought a 8gb ipod touch from ebay. Put the serial number in Apple and it has warranty until August 2011. So assume that it is only a couple of months old.

Trying to jailbreak and need to decide which way ie greenpo1son/limera1n/redsnow !!

It is running 4.0.2 but is it a 2g or 3g ??

Will prob update to 4.1 before jailbreaking.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

5 Comments

What's the first 2 letters to the Model number, MC?
    Edited by: "exStudent" 16th Oct 2010

Original Poster

Yep MC.

Have had a look on google and found a video which seems to indicate it is a '3rd' gen 8gb.

Apparantly the engraved memory size is smaller on the '3rd' gen, which I have checked against mine son's touch and is smaller.

Thanks

Original Poster

dcx_badass

There isn't a 3G 8GB, only 32 and 64 are 3G, the 8GB is the 2G that they … There isn't a 3G 8GB, only 32 and 64 are 3G, the 8GB is the 2G that they carried on selling.

That's what I thought, so is it possible to jb a '2nd' gen with either 4.0.2 or 4.1 ?

Cheers

Original Poster

dcx_badass

I've done my sisters on 4.01 using jailbreakme with no problems, so I … I've done my sisters on 4.01 using jailbreakme with no problems, so I imagine yes you can.

The touch is currently on 4.0.2 and I have tried to downgrade the formware, but obviously don't have the SSH's stored

Original Poster

every one lirs but i dodn't.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3971648
      2. Jeremy Corbyn #traingate89
      3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…6621265
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread418014162

See more discussions