Found 29th Mar 2010
I couldnt download Winterboard or Installous for my ipod so i downloaded Rock.

Could anyone tell me what i need now for Rock?

Is there a winterboard alternative for Rock?

Or a way i can get Installous and winterboard from PC?

Thanks

51 Comments

Banned

winterboard is a seperate app that you download from rock. Your best jailbreaking with blackra1n. Then on the home screen ruin it and install rock/cydia. Then on rock/cydia you search for the app you want an install it from there

ryman1000;8233900

winterboard is a seperate app that you download from rock. Your best … winterboard is a seperate app that you download from rock. Your best jailbreaking with blackra1n. Then on the home screen ruin it and install rock/cydia. Then on rock/cydia you search for the app you want an install it from there

I got a 2g 8 gig is it worth jailbreaking it, what is the chance of bricking it?

As above but only install rock or Cydia as they both do the same thing and cause problems if used together I'd recomend cydia as the better option

Paddy_o_furniture;8233994

I got a 2g 8 gig is it worth jailbreaking it, what is the chance of … I got a 2g 8 gig is it worth jailbreaking it, what is the chance of bricking it?

If you brick it you can easily restore it in iTunes

ChrisUK;8234022

If you brick it you can easily restore it in iTunes

Is it easy to get free apps etc?

Original Poster

Bad news..

It needed to reboot, when it did it loaded the "plug to Itunes"

Anyone wanna swap a jailbroken ipod for a none jailbroken 1

Run blackrain again

Original Poster

Will it do it everytime the ipod is turned off tho?

Yea
it's a tethered jailbreak so you have to connect up and run blackrain everytime you switch off

localboy;8234620

Yeait's a tethered jailbreak so you have to connect up and run blackrain … Yeait's a tethered jailbreak so you have to connect up and run blackrain everytime you switch off

Really? Seems like a hassle

Original Poster

Paddy_o_furniture;8234638

Really? Seems like a hassle

Does doesnt it.

Il do it one more time but that'll be it.

Anyone else get an error when trying to download installous?

vengod;8234657

Does doesnt it.Il do it one more time but that'll be it.Anyone else get … Does doesnt it.Il do it one more time but that'll be it.Anyone else get an error when trying to download installous?

Really fancied jail breaking my touch, not sure I will now.

Original Poster

Paddy_o_furniture;8234685

Really fancied jail breaking my touch, not sure I will now.

It only happens with some though mate.

also, it needs to be a firmware 3.1.2 or below...cant jailbreak 3.1.3

Some will work fine i think its just the newer versions. She got this 1 at xmas, mine from last summer works fine

vengod;8234744

It only happens with some though mate. also, it needs to be a firmware … It only happens with some though mate. also, it needs to be a firmware 3.1.2 or below...cant jailbreak 3.1.3Some will work fine i think its just the newer versions. She got this 1 at xmas, mine from last summer works fine

I've got firmware 3.1.3 and jailbroke it fine. Cant remember what i used though as its on my home PC. But it also depends on whether the model number begins with MB. If it does, then you can jailbreak it even with 3.1.3 installed.

Original Poster

How do i find out the model number?

vengod;8234824

How do i find out the model number?

go into settings, general, about. Scroll down and should say the model number.

You can jailbreak with redsnow too afaik
you won't have to re jailbreak everytime you switch off then

Original Poster

Starts with MC

Original Poster

localboy;8234904

You can jailbreak with redsnow too afaikyou won't have to re jailbreak … You can jailbreak with redsnow too afaikyou won't have to re jailbreak everytime you switch off then

So if i jailbreak with redsn0w then it will be done once and for all

localboy;8234904

You can jailbreak with redsnow too afaikyou won't have to re jailbreak … You can jailbreak with redsnow too afaikyou won't have to re jailbreak everytime you switch off then

That's what i used i think, I've now got Cydia/Winterboard and Installous apps.

vengod;8234907

Starts with MC

Cant do it with redsnow if you have firmware 3.1.3 on. Has to be MB. If it's MB then it'll work even if you have 3.1.3 on. Think it has to be 3.1.2 if you have MC.

I'm on 2.2.1 can I blackra1n that safely?

Original Poster

Im on 3.1.2 with MC

Whats the best 1 for me?

vengod;8234943

Im on 3.1.2 with MC Whats the best 1 for me?

Sorry to jump on your thread btw

Original Poster

Paddy_o_furniture;8234949

Sorry to jump on your thread btw

No worries mate...

I dont know to be honest. Never really looked into them models as mine was only an MB. And i've never used blackra1n so cant answer your question either paddy.

Original Poster

Do i NEED firmware 3.0 for redsn0w or will i get away with haing 3.1.2

Original Poster

just installed winterboard, Cydia says it needs to reboot device...

If i reboot will it Fudge up?

I've tried installing blackrain on 2.2.1 itouch nothing happens, reboots no blackra1n icon, any help?

Original Poster

im not sure Paddy...

you could download firmware 3.1.2 from felixbruns.de/iPo…re/

to install your own download firmware, put ipod on computer, hold shift and click update.

vengod;8240516

im not sure Paddy...you could download firmware 3.1.2 from … im not sure Paddy...you could download firmware 3.1.2 from http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/to install your own download firmware, put ipod on computer, hold shift and click update.

Cheers, know anyhitng about this whitesn0w is that an option?
redsn0w even

Original Poster

Paddy_o_furniture;8240596

Cheers, know anyhitng about this whitesn0w is that an option?redsn0w even

No sorry. Ive read some tutorials but i havent had any experience of it,

Banned

Whitesn0w is for 3.1.3
Blackra1n is for 3.0 - 3.1.2
Redsn0w is for
Blackra1n is the easiest and simplest. Best updating to 3.1.2 with software from the internet, don't go through itunes as it will update to 3.1.3 and you may have a non jailbreakable device. There is very little risk bricking it, and even if you do you can restore from itunes.

vengod;8246272

No sorry. Ive read some tutorials but i havent had any experience of it,

No prob, upgarded to 3.1.2 with your link
ryman1000;8246411

Whitesn0w is for 3.1.3Blackra1n is for 3.0 - 3.1.2Redsn0w is for … Whitesn0w is for 3.1.3Blackra1n is for 3.0 - 3.1.2Redsn0w is for Blackra1n is the easiest and simplest. Best updating to 3.1.2 with software from the internet, don't go through itunes as it will update to 3.1.3 and you may have a non jailbreakable device. There is very little risk bricking it, and even if you do you can restore from itunes.

Cheers managed to sort it by upgrading to 3.1.2

Original Poster

ryman1000;8246411

Whitesn0w is for 3.1.3Blackra1n is for 3.0 - 3.1.2Redsn0w is for … Whitesn0w is for 3.1.3Blackra1n is for 3.0 - 3.1.2Redsn0w is for Blackra1n is the easiest and simplest. Best updating to 3.1.2 with software from the internet, don't go through itunes as it will update to 3.1.3 and you may have a non jailbreakable device. There is very little risk bricking it, and even if you do you can restore from itunes.

If my ipod is tethered...whats the chance of it ever being able to be jailbroken completely?

Banned

vengod;8246463

If my ipod is tethered...whats the chance of it ever being able to be … If my ipod is tethered...whats the chance of it ever being able to be jailbroken completely?

Couldn't say as I don't create the software, but I wouldn't get your hopes up, as the main focus for the hackers now will be 4.0 software realeased first on the ipad and then in turn the iphone's and ipods.

All you can do is keep it charged. Turning the brightness down can save battery and make sure you have auto dim on. Try not browse the internet when it's very low. My iphone needs charging everyday, and I do forgot quite a lot. You can get apps that alert you with an alarm when the battery is low - could be usefull to you. Most of them are paid, but have a look into installous, or search it on cydia/rock.

Unrelated I use rock as it is much quicker than cydia, which I find crashes and freezes a lot

Original Poster

ryman1000;8246608

Couldn't say as I don't create the software, but I wouldn't get your … Couldn't say as I don't create the software, but I wouldn't get your hopes up, as the main focus for the hackers now will be 4.0 software realeased first on the ipad and then in turn the iphone's and ipods. All you can do is keep it charged. Turning the brightness down can save battery and make sure you have auto dim on. Try not browse the internet when it's very low. My iphone needs charging everyday, and I do forgot quite a lot. You can get apps that alert you with an alarm when the battery is low - could be usefull to you. Most of them are paid, but have a look into installous, or search it on cydia/rock. Unrelated I use rock as it is much quicker than cydia, which I find crashes and freezes a lot

I have cydia at the moment but it wont let me put a theme on?

I tried rock and it did seem quicker but i didnt know any rock sources etc.

I'm a mong whne it comes to ipods, will my itouch be tethered. How do I find out?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Help please55
    2. Gearbest Delivery Never Came - British Priority Mail1618
    3. Best way to get to Alton towers from north west, or by train, coach etc45
    4. Consumer Rights - Wrong Description of Fridge918

See more discussions