Expired

iPod Touch + Mobile Broadband.

8 replies
Found 14th Nov 2008
Hi all, Just bought an iPod Touch is there any way of connecting it to a 3 Mobile Broadband Dongle so I can make use of the Net whilst out and about ? ta

8 Comments

no.......

Original Poster

I'll get me coat :oops:

Original Poster

Having said that, if you can connect a laptop, why is not poss with the iPod, even with a little extra hardware :thinking:

it would need drivers etc for the dongle, the usb port may not be able to handle the data or power the dongle. would be good if you could but would essentially be an iphone albeit with faster internet.

Original Poster

For when you're not out & about & plugged into the national GRID...read on :w00t:

A Possible workaround is to use a wireless router capable of accepting a 3G modem.
Plug your dongle into the router
next connect your beloved ipod via wifi to the router
should work
EXPENSIVE THOUGH!!

take a look here for a suitable router
broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Sho…690

Much easier option is to run the 3G modem on your laptop and set the laptop up as a wi-fi hotspot. Very easy to do, just Google and Go. You can even do the same with a Nokia N95 and an ipod touh or iPhone where the N95 acts as a wireless router for the ipod touch or iPhone (how ironic is that!).

Petetobin;3477528

Much easier option is to run the 3G modem on your laptop and set the … Much easier option is to run the 3G modem on your laptop and set the laptop up as a wi-fi hotspot. Very easy to do, just Google and Go. You can even do the same with a Nokia N95 and an ipod touh or iPhone where the N95 acts as a wireless router for the ipod touch or iPhone (how ironic is that!).

I was going to put this! Exactly right
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. HUKD Nintendo Switch owners thread941398
    2. Add one, leave one game54415434
    3. What do you see?3138
    4. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…48107

See more discussions