Groups

iPod touch Question

Hi the games that are released on the iPhone, can they actually be played on the iPod touch ?

which is the best iPod touch to get?

thanks

23 Comments

yes. and any touch 2nd gen onwards.

Original Poster

shanecr;7763807

yes. and any touch 2nd gen onwards.

Thanks mate is that are games such as Driver call of duty and GTA china town wars? Can ipod touches be jail broken?

Well not all apps can be used with ipod touch, ones using the camera or microphone (shazam for example) cannot be used.

I wouldnt recommend the 1st gen, even though I have it and love it, but there are newer ones out there.

Original Poster

Lost Symphonies;7763872

Well not all apps can be used with ipod touch, ones using the camera or … Well not all apps can be used with ipod touch, ones using the camera or microphone (shazam for example) cannot be used.I wouldnt recommend the 1st gen, even though I have it and love it, but there are newer ones out there.

Thanks do you know if games like driver work?

Banned

Some iPhone Games cant be played on the older itouch , Some games may apply to the new version also,

from past experience

Original Poster

dj_urban;7763983

Some iPhone Games cant be played on the older itouch , Some games may … Some iPhone Games cant be played on the older itouch , Some games may apply to the new version also, from past experience

Thanks mate anyone else know much about ipod touch?

Banned

andel90;7763996

Thanks mate anyone else know much about ipod touch?

Sonic was one game that does not play on the 1st gen itouch should've mentioned that in the first post, :thumbsup:

there could be others give me 2 mins il update this post with a list

Sorry can't find a list, keep finding comparison specs lol i would presume all games to work on the new model itouch as it has same functions as the iphone now compared to the older itouch models.

dj_urban;7764031

Sonic was one game that does not play on the 1st gen itouch should've … Sonic was one game that does not play on the 1st gen itouch should've mentioned that in the first post, :thumbsup:there could be others give me 2 mins il update this post with a list

my son has the first gen ipod touch and sonic works fine :roll: hes not had any probs with newer games?? i updated his software not long ago!

Original Poster

dj_urban;7764031

Sonic was one game that does not play on the 1st gen itouch should've … Sonic was one game that does not play on the 1st gen itouch should've mentioned that in the first post, :thumbsup:there could be others give me 2 mins il update this post with a list

Thanks mate

kerry10281;7764050

my son has the first gen ipod touch and sonic works fine :roll: hes not … my son has the first gen ipod touch and sonic works fine :roll: hes not had any probs with newer games?? i updated his software not long ago!

hey thanks for that do you have driver or any other new games that are premium?

erm will check with him! which ones r premium? lol
    defo know sonic 1 works cause i loved it but couldnt get used to playign it my son loves it though

Banned

kerry10281;7764050

my son has the first gen ipod touch and sonic works fine :roll: hes not … my son has the first gen ipod touch and sonic works fine :roll: hes not had any probs with newer games?? i updated his software not long ago!

That's good news :thumbsup:

might have been software issues, If the iPhone took priority first on apps before the iTouch , Thanks for mentioning

Original Poster

kerry10281;7764115

erm will check with him! which ones r premium? lol defo know sonic 1 … erm will check with him! which ones r premium? lol defo know sonic 1 works cause i loved it but couldnt get used to playign it my son loves it though

lol sorry i meant as in games you have to pay for

he has driver says it works fine! :thumbsup: he has quite a few new games that all seem to b fine Grand theft auto and need for speed??
    they cost me a bloody fortune though lol x

Original Poster

kerry10281;7764188

he has driver says it works fine! :thumbsup: he has quite a few new games … he has driver says it works fine! :thumbsup: he has quite a few new games that all seem to b fine Grand theft auto and need for speed??they cost me a bloody fortune though lol x

Lol thanks a lot just what i wanted to know

I have an iPod touch 3g, yes it can be jailborken but currently tethered only. I've got GTA and it works flawlessly. Want to know anything feel free to ask.

whats jailbreak???

kerry10281;7764269

whats jailbreak???

Well once you jailbreak there's heaps of things you can do, you can fully theme most aspects, add third party apps to do certain things you can't normally do such as add folders, apps to multi task and further more!

Original Poster

exStudent;7764261

I have an iPod touch 3g, yes it can be jailborken but currently tethered … I have an iPod touch 3g, yes it can be jailborken but currently tethered only. I've got GTA and it works flawlessly. Want to know anything feel free to ask.

Thanks a lot mate is it quite difficult to jail break it? tethered meaning...?

thanks

andel90;7764307

Thanks a lot mate is it quite difficult to jail break it? tethered … Thanks a lot mate is it quite difficult to jail break it? tethered meaning...?thanks

It's the easiet thing ever! Plug in, run Blackra1n couple mins later it's done. Tethered meaning that the 3g models will need to be re jailbreaked each time your batt dies so you will need to run blackra1n again to reboot device, it's not an issue if you never let the device run out of battery. This is not an issue on older models. Any 3g device or 2nd gen with an MC serial will be tethered.

OS 3.1.3 was released few days ago waiting for geo hot the creator of blackra1n to update, for time being stick to 3.1.2

Original Poster

exStudent;7764396

It's the easiet thing ever! Plug in, run Blackra1n couple mins later it's … It's the easiet thing ever! Plug in, run Blackra1n couple mins later it's done. Tethered meaning that the 3g models will need to be re jailbreaked each time your batt dies so you will need to run blackra1n again to reboot device, it's not an issue if you never let the device run out of battery. This is not an issue on older models.OS 3.1.3 was released few days ago waiting for geo hot the creator of blackra1n to update, for time being stick to 3.1.2

Thanks mate dont think il have difficulties with that considering i know a lot about computers isnt Blackra1n only for iphones and not ipod touches?

andel90;7764427

Thanks mate dont think il have difficulties with that considering i know … Thanks mate dont think il have difficulties with that considering i know a lot about computers isnt Blackra1n only for iphones and not ipod touches?

both use the same OS so it works on either.

I've JB my 1st gen and works great. Dont know how to get 5 main icons at the bottom or get folders though.

Original Poster

Lost Symphonies;7764914

both use the same OS so it works on either.I've JB my 1st gen and works … both use the same OS so it works on either.I've JB my 1st gen and works great. Dont know how to get 5 main icons at the bottom or get folders though.

Can you play the latest games such as driver on a 1gen?

thanks

Lost Symphonies;7764914

both use the same OS so it works on either.I've JB my 1st gen and works … both use the same OS so it works on either.I've JB my 1st gen and works great. Dont know how to get 5 main icons at the bottom or get folders though.

For folders I Use categories & categoriesSB, paid app from Cydia, well worth it.
    For 5 row just search in Cydia.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…1421
      2. Fanta Snapcode for Filters and Lenses11
      3. What would be HELL to you?1920
      4. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 188 ***620

See more discussions