Groups

ipod touch whats wrong with it?

hi people maybe something im doing wrong? but if i download something say a album then put it on touch, i then delete it off my computer, it then comes up with ! next to the song so i click it, its says locate. why this?

do you have to have it on computer all the time?
    everytime you sync the touch.
    please explain as its doing my head in thanks

14 Comments

The album has to stay on the computer, if you delete it from i-Tunes then when you sync it, it will be deleted from your i-pod.

Banned

iPod's are so simple you dont even get a manual. What does that tell you?

and its not the iPod touch thats faulty..............

to answer all your questions
    yes
    because you've deleted it
    yes
    yes (although strictly not a question)
    see dimbars post (although again not strictly a question)
    n

^lol if only Apple would admit Itunes is dumb shackling your device to a computer. "Freedom"

Banned

dontasciime;8051930

^lol if only Apple would admit Itunes is dumb shackling your device to a … ^lol if only Apple would admit Itunes is dumb shackling your device to a computer. "Freedom"

+1 itunes is the reason i dont own an iPod, hated it, went to a more normal drag and drop mp3 player

You can disable sync in itunes on your ipod tuch page (the tab page which only comes up when your ipod is connected) But then you will have to drag and drop all the songs you want to send to the ipod.

Its a simple solution
    Hope that helped!

Original Poster

thats silly
    ive had mp3 that drag and drop
    but having to keep in on the computer aswell thats crap drains the hd

you don't have to keep the songs on your comp if you don't do automatic sync I don't and i have an ipod touch i delete the music out of itunes and just play it off my ipod

but agree with others on here itunes is a terrible piece of software

Banned

sme24185;8052144

thats silly ive had mp3 that drag and drop but having to keep in on the … thats silly ive had mp3 that drag and drop but having to keep in on the computer aswell thats crap drains the hd

If you can afford a touch, you can afford a big hard disk anyway.

I seriously don't know anyone who wants to use their ipod or generic mp3 player in the way you suggested.

Its utterly bonkers.

vibeone;8052415

If you can afford a touch, you can afford a big hard disk anyway.I … If you can afford a touch, you can afford a big hard disk anyway.I seriously don't know anyone who wants to use their ipod or generic mp3 player in the way you suggested.Its utterly bonkers.

What a rubbish response. I feel obliged to upgrade my laptop to a bigger harddrive just because I got myself an IPOD? Everyone uses an MP3 player as a place to store music and won't keep an exact copy on his PC, unless one is using Itunes and doesn't know better :whistling:

I keep all my music on my pc if i want to listen to a song I have a whole library of music I can choose from, plus I dont have an ipod as the sound quality from them is crap.

Sony walkman ftwwww

Banned

MarvinHC;8052883

What a rubbish response. I feel obliged to upgrade my laptop to a bigger … What a rubbish response. I feel obliged to upgrade my laptop to a bigger harddrive just because I got myself an IPOD? Everyone uses an MP3 player as a place to store music and won't keep an exact copy on his PC, unless one is using Itunes and doesn't know better :whistling:

Who?

You are talking rubbish - who DOESN'T keep a copy on their computer? As a backup if nothing else?

I'm no fan of itunes, buggy bloatware that it is, but I have seriously never known anyone take issue with it in the way the OP has - it makes perfect sense.

Being pedantic, I'd also point out that iTunes is clearly "sold" as a SYNC tool, which by its very nature means 2 copies of the same file. Synced.

BTW, I was joking about the hard disk - but seriously, hard disks are huge these days, I really dont get the issue here at all.

and as above turn the sync off then there is no issue

vibeone;8052926

Who?You are talking rubbish - who DOESN'T keep a copy on their computer? … Who?You are talking rubbish - who DOESN'T keep a copy on their computer? As a backup if nothing else?I'm no fan of itunes, buggy bloatware that it is, but I have seriously never known anyone take issue with it in the way the OP has - it makes perfect sense.Being pedantic, I'd also point out that iTunes is clearly "sold" as a SYNC tool, which by its very nature means 2 copies of the same file. Synced.BTW, I was joking about the hard disk - but seriously, hard disks are huge these days, I really dont get the issue here at all.

I don't keep a copy. I have a 120 GB harddrive (2 year old laptop, was standard size back then) and a 80 GB Ipod Classic. So by keeping a full backup I have no serious space on my HD left. Will I therefore change the harddrive or laptop? I don't think so.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. It is a Yorkshire pudding wrap.79
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767348
      3. What would be HELL to you?2637
      4. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927370

See more discussions