Ipod washing machine added care.

Found 6th May
Just got my ipod touch out of the washing maching(samsung). I'v got the 3 years added care from John lewis. They say acciental cover but is washing machine an accident to them? I have to ring up as it's in the 3rd year. Should I say washing machine or say I droppe it in a puddle or something?
Community Updates
6 Comments
Tell them you left in in your pocket and washed it.
What's so hard about that?
It's accidental and you have insurance. Claim away.
accident
ˈaksɪd(ə)nt/
noun
noun: accident; plural noun: accidents
an unfortunate incident that happens unexpectedly and unintentionally, typically resulting in damage or injury.
"he had an accident at the factory"
synonyms:mishap, misfortune, misadventure, mischance, unfortunate incident, injury, disaster, tragedy, catastrophe, contretemps, calamity, blow, trouble, problem, difficulty;technicalcasualty
"he was involved in an accident at work"
  • a crash involving road or other vehicles.
    "four people were killed in a road accident"
    synonyms:crash, collision, smash, bump, car crash, car accident, road accident, traffic accident, road traffic accident, RTA, multiple crash, multiple collision;
  • euphemistic
    an incidence of incontinence by a child or animal.
    "he had a little accident, but I washed his shorts out"
an event that happens by chance or that is without apparent or deliberate cause.
"the pregnancy was an accident"
synonyms:chance, mere chance, coincidence, twist of fate, freak, hazard;
  • the working of fortune; chance.
    "members belong to the House of Lords through hereditary right or accident of birth"
    synonyms:fortuitously, accidentally, coincidentally, by chance, by coincidence, by a fluke, unintentionally, inadvertently; antonyms:intentionally
PHILOSOPHY
(in Aristotelian thought) a property of a thing which is not essential to its nature.
You put an Apple product in a Samsung
You are lucky the washing machine still works
simonvf4001 h, 29 m ago

You put an Apple product in a Samsung You are lucky the washing …You put an Apple product in a Samsung You are lucky the washing machine still works

Well they’ve been trying to .... each over for years anyway. No surprise one was found in the deep end of the other.
DaveTaylor13 h, 33 m ago

accidentˈaksɪd(ə)nt/nounnoun: accident; plural noun: accidents1.an un …accidentˈaksɪd(ə)nt/nounnoun: accident; plural noun: accidents1.an unfortunate incident that happens unexpectedly and unintentionally, typically resulting in damage or injury."he had an accident at the factory"synonyms:mishap, misfortune, misadventure, mischance, unfortunate incident, injury, disaster, tragedy, catastrophe, contretemps, calamity, blow, trouble, problem, difficulty;technicalcasualty"he was involved in an accident at work"a crash involving road or other vehicles."four people were killed in a road accident"synonyms:crash, collision, smash, bump, car crash, car accident, road accident, traffic accident, road traffic accident, RTA, multiple crash, multiple collision; euphemistican incidence of incontinence by a child or animal."he had a little accident, but I washed his shorts out"2.an event that happens by chance or that is without apparent or deliberate cause."the pregnancy was an accident"synonyms:chance, mere chance, coincidence, twist of fate, freak, hazard; the working of fortune; chance."members belong to the House of Lords through hereditary right or accident of birth"synonyms:fortuitously, accidentally, coincidentally, by chance, by coincidence, by a fluke, unintentionally, inadvertently; antonyms:intentionally3.PHILOSOPHY(in Aristotelian thought) a property of a thing which is not essential to its nature.

I wouldn't rely on dictionary definitions with insurances...

If you leave your phone on a table and someone takes it and runs away with it it doesn't count as theft for them when according to the dictionary it would be theft of course.

If you have any doubts just email them anonymously and ask if such and such case would be covered...
Edited by: "hearts22" 7th May
Just say you slipped on a banana skin and landed on your phone which was in your pocket at the time.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants