Found 6th Jan 2011
Ive just discovered a 30gb 5th gen Ipod i had tucked away in a draw, plug it in, charged it up and restored it to the latest firmware.

However when i try to sync music i get something along the lines of:

unable to sync, unknown error (-69)

Now after googling it says that this can happen with corrupted songs etc, however i know all the files are fine and its not always the same file that causes the problem.

it will sync a cople of songs then error causing the abort
try again and it will load the song it failed on before and fail another.

Has anyone come up against this problem before? id quite like to use it!

2 Comments

i did several months ago - i couldnt fix it, just synced across 2-3 albums at a time rather then all music and eventually found a few corrupted tracks and deleted them, now, all new music ive done since syncs fine. Time consumming i know but it worked in the end.
Edited by: "TPGone" 7th Jan 2011

Original Poster

ThePasty

i did several months ago - i couldnt fix it, just synced across 2-3 … i did several months ago - i couldnt fix it, just synced across 2-3 albums at a time rather then all music and eventually found a few corrupted tracks and deleted them, now, all new music ive done since syncs fine. Time consumming i know but it worked in the end.



see i try this and it always fails on different tracks! its never the same track failing. i attempt to put some freshly ripped music on and it still fails!
Post a comment
Avatar
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769252
    2. The HUKD Wuntu code sharing thread! (Three Mobile)94190
    3. Add one, leave one game54315393
    4. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322827

    See more discussions