Groups

Ipod wont connect to PC

Just downloaded some music to put on my Ipod, but when I connect it to the USB, it will charge it but not recognise it as a storage device, so I cant put any music on it.

Tried it in different USB ports with no luck, anyone have any ideas? Havent connected it for a while as I've had it in my docking station 24/7

CHeers
    James

8 Comments

Have you installed the iTunes software package and drivers yet?

Original Poster

Yeah, it was all working fine a month ago, just won't now

Have you tried turning it off and on again

latest version of itunes?

Another device may have taken the assigned drive letter. On your desktop right click on the 'My Computer' icon and select manage. On the management window click the 'Disk Management' option. If your iPod is listed here then right click on in and click 'change drive letter and paths' and set it to Z: or something.

Next things to try then are to try plugging the iPod into a different PC, and trying a different cable. Can the iPod function as a generic mass storage device? If so, you can probably try plugging it in to your games console, telly, or whatever else you have that can handle thumb drives.

Banned

Is you PC a HP ??????????????????

Original Poster

Thanks for the replies, tried doing a few of your things but couldnt get it to work, my netbook wouldnt recognise it either, in the end I reset it and now its working!

Reps for the help though.

Cheers
    James
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…67
      2. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64545
      3. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1134
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk66

See more discussions