Groups

iPood in car

My dad has a 57 plate honda civic and he wants to get an ipod so he can play his music in the car. On the radio in the car/cdplayer there is no inputs whatsoever and i was wondering how could he play his ipod music through the car's speakers?

Is this possible? Cheers!!

REP GIVEN TO GOOD ANSWERS!

30 Comments

sorry ur title is hilarious!!

At a glance i thought you did something in your dads car eeeeeewwwwwwww

You did what in your car?!

Banned

lol!!! better clean up car then!!!!

Get your dad or look yourself at civinfo.co.uk

It's a website for Honda Civic owners ... great forums and help sections.

You will definately find the answer on their.

Banned

Easiest solution is an FM transmitter - Halfords and the like sell these. Basically you tune the transmitter to a free frequency on the radio, and it sends a weak FM signal out to be broadcast.

The alternative is an after-market iPod kit from Honda which the dealership should do for a couple of hundred quid.

dimebars;3191859

Easiest solution is an FM transmitter - Halfords and the like sell these. … Easiest solution is an FM transmitter - Halfords and the like sell these. Basically you tune the transmitter to a free frequency on the radio, and it sends a weak FM signal out to be broadcast.The alternative is an after-market iPod kit from Honda which the dealership should do for a couple of hundred quid.

AS above

amazool.com/en/…GBP

Original Poster

Oh sorry can mods change title lol!? i did not iPoo in teh car ok!

REP GIVEN TO SMITHY

Banned

dimebars;3191859

Easiest solution is an FM transmitter - Halfords and the like sell these. … Easiest solution is an FM transmitter - Halfords and the like sell these. Basically you tune the transmitter to a free frequency on the radio, and it sends a weak FM signal out to be broadcast.The alternative is an after-market iPod kit from Honda which the dealership should do for a couple of hundred quid.

kiwinator;3191863

Oh sorry can mods change title lol!? i did not iPoo in teh car ok!REP … Oh sorry can mods change title lol!? i did not iPoo in teh car ok!REP GIVEN TO SMITHY

sorry i couldnt be of any more help!

Original Poster

dimebars;3191889

If you check your rep, i gave you some at the same time as smithys...dont be so impatient

dimebars;3191889

I won...i won....i won ....i won ;-) he he he

kiwinator;3191863

Oh sorry can mods change title lol!? i did not iPoo in teh car ok!REP … Oh sorry can mods change title lol!? i did not iPoo in teh car ok!REP GIVEN TO SMITHY

Seriously kiwi, if your dad is really into his car then it's a great site to get involved in.

Ive got a new 58 Type R GT and the stuff you learn and find out about the civic is amazing.

Couldnt recommend it enough ...... :thumbsup:

FM transmitter as previously stated or http://www.hi-techol.com/admin/UploadFile/Files/B099-1.jpg

Banned

think you can click edit and change title yourself!!! lol

Original Poster

Murielson;3191967

FM transmitter as previously stated or

Tried that and the quality is HORRENDOUS

Original Poster

smithyp1;3191948

Seriously kiwi, if your dad is really into his car then it's a great site … Seriously kiwi, if your dad is really into his car then it's a great site to get involved in.Ive got a new 58 Type R GT and the stuff you learn and find out about the civic is amazing.Couldnt recommend it enough ...... :thumbsup:

Cor typre r! Fast? what colour?..please say red

i know of a mondeo model that has an aux input for ipod etc in the glove box check if you have something the same

My neighbour has a Honda Jazz and has wired a socket into the back to accept his music input. Got the instructions online and bought a tenners worth of parts from Maplin.

Might be worth looking for instructions if you know someone handy with a soldering iron :thumbsup:

try an itrip or something off this page ]http//ww…e=1

kiwinator;3192008

Cor typre r! Fast? what colour?..please say red

RED !!!!!!!!!!!!! No thanks ..........:)

Silver for me...great car, CAN be fast ;-)

Go on civinfo and you can see pics of it .....

ding;3192040

i know of a mondeo model that has an aux input for ipod etc in the glove … i know of a mondeo model that has an aux input for ipod etc in the glove box check if you have something the same

I've got a Discovery 3 and the aux input socket is in the console between the rear seats (i.e. in a really stupid place!). Don;t assume your car doesn't have one just because there's no input on the stereo.
    Have a good look around or as a last resort, look in the maunual :w00t:

buy a cheap new cd player for him that has a usb bit?

this one was posted the other day, I was thinking about getting it for my mum..

]http//ww…474

]http//ww…giQ

Buy an itrip, this allows you to play music throught the speakers all you ahve to do is pick a empty staion and match it to the station on the itrip and it will play the music:thumbsup:

try this site ]http//ww…tml its a forum with some links

Banned

starsparkle2311;3192351

Noooooooooo, i'm still laughing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't change it!:p

lol same!!! :thumbsup:

Sunny Jim;3192177

I've got a Discovery 3 and the aux input socket is in the console between … I've got a Discovery 3 and the aux input socket is in the console between the rear seats (i.e. in a really stupid place!). Don;t assume your car doesn't have one just because there's no input on the stereo. Have a good look around or as a last resort, look in the maunual :w00t:

:thumbsup: Yeah, the USB port for ipods and usb pens is in the glove box in my punto so have a look round. Failing that FM transmiter/iTrip like others have said is the best option.

Original Poster

Cant get new cd player as they wont fit in honda civics, might have a look aroud the car and the itrip

kiwinator;3192841

Cant get new cd player as they wont fit in honda civics, might have a … Cant get new cd player as they wont fit in honda civics, might have a look aroud the car and the itrip

you can get a facia plate/adapter to make the hole a standard size

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop//images/var/AUTOLEADS-FP-15-03-S.jpg more trouble than its worth tho go for the itrip or similar instead

get an Itrip.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4661377
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764161
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?24109
      4. Weekly game codes giveaway 1831025

See more discussions