Ireland could elect its first gay prime minister

Found 2nd Jun
Ireland could soon have its first openly gay prime minister.

Leo Varadkar, the son of an Indian immigrant, is the favourite to win a ruling party vote.

His political achievements are sign of huge generational change in the once staunchly Catholic country

Words above taken from another news site..

irishtimes.com/new…535

1. Misc
  2. Ireland
Top comments

why should it matter that he's gay ??
If he's good at the job it shouldn't matter what colour creed sexual preferences is etc.
20 Comments

At last...!

I think if he is worthy of the job by merit then this is good news.

Plenty of MP's in the closet in UK politics though.

gazdoubleu8 m ago

Plenty of MP's in the closet in UK politics though.

Oh...

why should it matter that he's gay ??
If he's good at the job it shouldn't matter what colour creed sexual preferences is etc.

The fact this is even having to be discussed shows how its still a social taboo...

So what if he is Gay, if the guy or gal can do the job then sexuality shouldn't be an issue.... In Soviet Russia..

srp111

why should it matter that he's gay ??If he's good at the job it shouldn't … why should it matter that he's gay ??If he's good at the job it shouldn't matter what colour creed sexual preferences is etc.

You're right but that isn't everybody's view and certainly not in a country where religion is widely and strictly observed by many.

srp111

why should it matter that he's gay ??If he's good at the job it shouldn't … why should it matter that he's gay ??If he's good at the job it shouldn't matter what colour creed sexual preferences is etc.

I does to some people ...... (_;)
What sort of mad candidate selection is this ? in Brighton of all places
She isn't even local
http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2017/05/20/conservative-candidate-has-links-to-a-gay-cure-church/

also claims to have cured a deaf blokes hearing though 'the power of prayer'
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/conservative-mp-candidate-kristy-adams-christian-healed-deaf-man-prayer-a7721621.html

and refuses to say how she voted in the referendum
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/brighton-general-election-kirsty-adams-peter-kyle_uk_591b2ee0e4b07d5f6ba6a0ab

Not surprisingly Labour are now red hot favourites to retain the seat

Who cares!

What difference does it make

haritori

The fact this is even having to be discussed shows how its still a social … The fact this is even having to be discussed shows how its still a social taboo...So what if he is Gay, if the guy or gal can do the job then sexuality shouldn't be an issue.... In Soviet Russia..

Except in times gone by it would've been a barrier to him being elected. That the country has reached a point where it's acknowledged (which is what you seem to be confused by) but not impeding him is a sign of progress.

People don't have to find a negative angle to everything. Good news does happen.

who cares? what relevance is that? what next? Yorkshire elects it's first bald female MP? pointless

you_gotta_be_kidding

who cares? what relevance is that? what next? Yorkshire elects it's first … who cares? what relevance is that? what next? Yorkshire elects it's first bald female MP? pointless

Some (bald) heads are pointed.

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals35 m ago

Except in times gone by it would've been a barrier to him being elected. …Except in times gone by it would've been a barrier to him being elected. That the country has reached a point where it's acknowledged (which is what you seem to be confused by) but not impeding him is a sign of progress.People don't have to find a negative angle to everything. Good news does happen.

Seems you do.. finding a negative angle to my comments which clearly were not negative.

I wonder how he will deal with countries that take a hard stance against homosexuality? It certainly seems to be hardening backbone of policy in various countries.

Good news for him though!

well knock me over with a feather boa

It matters because it shows just how much progress has been made in the Western world with regards to people's freedom to express their sexuality openly.

I walked into that one

fanpages

At last...!

O God it will be compulsory by Christmas

fanpages

At last...!

miles136

O God it will be compulsory by Christmas

Fingers-crossed.

The politics-biased threads may have subsided by then.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition63691
    2. Win an unbelievable Windows Mixed Reality prize pack from Windows Central! …22
    3. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines43
    4. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers44

See more discussions