Ireland Government publishes Lockdown Exit Plan

Posted 2nd MayEdited by:"Predikuesi"
I wonder if our version of this will be similar?

3454709.jpg
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
adeljay9202/05/2020 12:51

Wow till august i thought things will be back to normal by mid june.

June? Is that really what you think?
Not a surprise to see this. Baby steps are critical, starting with small numbers so that if another spike happens, it can be clamped quickly.
23 Comments
Wow till august i thought things will be back to normal by mid june. Well lets hope its not similar
Not a surprise to see this. Baby steps are critical, starting with small numbers so that if another spike happens, it can be clamped quickly.
It needs to be same otherwise we will be in trouble with a second wave. I suffered the virus very badly, nothing can compare, and 3 weeks later I’m still experiencing unpleasant side effects.
Ireland has extended its lockdown for another two weeks to 18 May, when it will introduce a phased, five-stage exit over three months.

The country’s lockdown regime has been much stricter than the UK’s, but Friday night’s announcement offers a clear, step-by-step map out of the lockdown for schools, shops, businesses as well as the global Irish diaspora including more than 300,000 in the UK, many of whom would normally make visits home in the summer.

The taoiseach, Leo Varadkar, said while the rise in the death rate from coronavirus had flattened it was still too dangerous to ease the lockdown.

While thousands of lives had been saved, “we have not yet won this fight”, he said, adding that two more weeks of tight restrictions to weaken the virus further were necessary to ensure it “doesn’t have the strength to make a comeback”.

The plan will also be of major interest to Irish people living abroad, with the non-essential travel restriction over 20km not lifted until 20 July. However, sources say that Irish citizens have been free to travel to Ireland through the lockdown but have had to self-isolate for 14 days.

Last night’s televised address will have been watched closely by the British government, which is under pressure to release its own clear roadmap for an exit to lockdown.

From May the five phases of lockdown easing in Ireland are:

Phase 1 (18 May)

• Outdoor meetings of up to four people from different households will be allowed and childcare for healthcare workers will be opened
  • Outdoor work, such as construction and gardening, to resume
  • Stationary, IT, and opticians can also reopen
  • Retail outlets such as garden centres, hardware stores and repair shops can reopen
  • Current rules restricting funerals up to 10 people still apply
  • Schools and college buildings will reopen to teachers only
Phase 2 (8 June)

• Household visits allowed
  • Small retail outlets with social distance measures can open
  • Libraries can open again
Phase 3 (29 June)

• Sporting events can resume behind closed doors
  • Cafes and restaurants can reopen with social distancing measures and strict cleaning protocols
  • Playgrounds can reopen
  • Small social gatherings will be permitted
  • Those with low levels of interaction in their jobs can return to work
  • Non-essential retail such as clothes shops with street level entrance can reopen

Phase 4 (20 July)

• Movements will no longer be restricted
  • Larger numbers can visit another household for a limited period of time
  • Those who cannot work at home can return to work
  • Museums, galleries and churches can reopen
Phase 5 (10 August)

• Larger social gatherings allowed
  • On a phased basis, schools and universities can start to reopen

Wow till august i thought things will be back to normal by mid june.

June? Is that really what you think?
SAGE will be used to make sure re-invent the wheel for the British.

Anyone knows if SAGE prints the same hymn sheet for all four nations?
Oh god I hope the hairdressers open before the 20 July here in the UK. I needed one 6 weeks ago, much longer and I’ll either resemble cousin It or will have to get it shaved off!!
Ireland were 3 or so weeks behind us, the racing was still on too. British Horseracing Authority has written up meetings plans for racing starting May 23rd. So I would expect a similar exit plan but a month earlier.
Edited by: "Frankie77" 2nd May
We were supposed to go to my sister-in-laws wedding in August in Limerick, but it has been postponed until August 2021. We booked flights in January, so unless Ryanair go bust, hopefully we can still visit family and friends.
Barbers open before pubs. If it's the same here, I'll need to find a barber that gives you beer while you wait for your haircut
Kbramman02/05/2020 13:16

Oh god I hope the hairdressers open before the 20 July here in the UK. I …Oh god I hope the hairdressers open before the 20 July here in the UK. I needed one 6 weeks ago, much longer and I’ll either resemble cousin It or will have to get it shaved off!!

Get a 40" pair of long scissors and take it to your barber
40614236-hI5Dy.jpg
Can’t wait until barbers open I look like Hagrid
Frankie7702/05/2020 13:25

Ireland were 3 or so weeks behind us, the racing was still on too. British …Ireland were 3 or so weeks behind us, the racing was still on too. British Horseracing Authority has written up meetings plans for racing starting May 23rd. So I would expect a similar exit plan but a month earlier.

We were 2 weeks after Ireland for school closures etc tho
Big_Rik02/05/2020 14:56

yeah true, although we here told time and time again by the scientists that there was no evidence to suggest this step was effective. I guess everything is too messed up regarding exams/schedules etc. Probably best to wait and start the new academic year after summer now.
Big_Rik02/05/2020 14:56

Headmasters association are saying there is no way they can open schools that are closed already prior to the new school year in september.
Frankie7702/05/2020 15:39

yeah true, although we here told time and time again by the scientists …yeah true, although we here told time and time again by the scientists that there was no evidence to suggest this step was effective. I guess everything is too messed up regarding exams/schedules etc. Probably best to wait and start the new academic year after summer now.

Allow me to explain: None of them have evidence or have no evidence to suggest any counter/preventive -coronavirus step was and is effective which includes washing hands in the community/home and social distancing.

We know there are lots of deaths even after washing hands and doing the best social distancing e.g. care homes, no one has any evidence of how many deaths were prevented as a result of carers washing hands and keeping social distancing between themselves and from the residents. However that they died, there is no evidence that washing hands had made a difference in practice as opposed to a laboratory controlled environment of washing hands in an environment without people (visitors) shedding in their breaths virus. Because there is NO evidence, it is sad that in the absence of evidence infected people were allowed to return to care homes.

(Which is the same as the statement that there is no evidence to suggest the general community use of face masks has effectiveness.)

Because this coronavirus is new, a lot of measures are estimates or assumed from other evidence. It is down to policy makers and decision makers to select or to reject new measures with "the evidence", or "with no evidence."
Edited by: "splender" 2nd May

Wow till august i thought things will be back to normal by mid june. Well …Wow till august i thought things will be back to normal by mid june. Well lets hope its not similar

Jesus!
I'm personally not expecting to start work again until the furlough scheme ends (currently end of June, could be extended) . I work in an industry reliant on the holiday bookings and people aren't going to start booking holidays until they're sure it's safe, they won't want us working when numbers are pitiful. I think the rest of the year is a write off. If the scheme ends too soon, I'll be out of a job.

I think our schedule will pretty close to Ireland's with a 1-2 week delay. There's big pressure on the Premier League to get started soon but there are so many managers and players against it at the moment I think the season is going to be scrapped and the new one starting September (with FA Cup and League cup cancelled to reduce the number of games).
abigsmurf02/05/2020 17:44

I'm personally not expecting to start work again until the furlough scheme …I'm personally not expecting to start work again until the furlough scheme ends (currently end of June, could be extended) . I work in an industry reliant on the holiday bookings and people aren't going to start booking holidays until they're sure it's safe, they won't want us working when numbers are pitiful. I think the rest of the year is a write off. If the scheme ends too soon, I'll be out of a job.I think our schedule will pretty close to Ireland's with a 1-2 week delay. There's big pressure on the Premier League to get started soon but there are so many managers and players against it at the moment I think the season is going to be scrapped and the new one starting September (with FA Cup and League cup cancelled to reduce the number of games).

Only pressure coming from the PL themselves, and only one reason they won’t cancel.
abigsmurf02/05/2020 17:44

I'm personally not expecting to start work again until the furlough scheme …I'm personally not expecting to start work again until the furlough scheme ends (currently end of June, could be extended) . I work in an industry reliant on the holiday bookings and people aren't going to start booking holidays until they're sure it's safe, they won't want us working when numbers are pitiful. I think the rest of the year is a write off. If the scheme ends too soon, I'll be out of a job.I think our schedule will pretty close to Ireland's with a 1-2 week delay. There's big pressure on the Premier League to get started soon but there are so many managers and players against it at the moment I think the season is going to be scrapped and the new one starting September (with FA Cup and League cup cancelled to reduce the number of games).

You cant play football & have social distancing. Totally ridiculous that starting football should even be thought of right now.
They need to void the season.
Kid’s not going back till September. New cases still being diagnosed but not as bad
My son had just been extended till end of June. Furlough
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions