Groups

iresa

hi all, i did an energy comparison and iresa was coming up as the cheapest for me, has anybody had experience with this company? what is customer service like etc? any info would be great. thanks

11 Comments

I changed last month with them (dual fuel). The only problem was that they were not changed over on the same day. My electric was done and then the gas a week later. Which means I have to send meter readings on different dates each month. so far no problems.

Original Poster

brandlew

I changed last month with them (dual fuel). The only problem was that … I changed last month with them (dual fuel). The only problem was that they were not changed over on the same day. My electric was done and then the gas a week later. Which means I have to send meter readings on different dates each month. so far no problems.

Thanks for the reply, we had the same problem with sainsbury energy a couple of years ago.
    its difficult to get information when they are a newish company, but not scared to give them a try.

There isn't a release fee with my contract. So if things don't work out, I can always move.

just one thing they charge in advance not a issue but some people keep like exact amounts in bank then they moan they got charged for extras.

I haven't any experience with this company but after doing an online comparison they came up about £200 per year cheaper than my current provider of SSE after my fixed term deal ended. I switched from SSE to Iresa about 3 weeks ago, didn't hear anything from Iresa initially (like a switch acknowledgement) but this week SSE rang me to confirm Iresa had contacted them to switch and asked for meter readings. 2 days later, two emails received from Iresa acknowledging application to switch and the other email asking me to provide meter readings and not to cancel the DD with SSE until they had calculated the final bill and and monies owed to me.
    So far so good, the reviews that I found stated lack of communication and bad customer service, but bearing in mind the saving I thought I'd try them anyway.
    They are clearly a fairly new kid on the block and I wonder if the reviews are given by genuine customers or other providers.

their business model isn't sustainable according to experts but milk it while its good

Original Poster

thanks for all your replys. its difficult with the small companies. but we are with GB energy at the moment and of course they went bust last year. but we didn't have any hassle via the change over.
    but iresa are coming up cheapest for me now so I think I will bite the bullet and just go for it despite not having much reviews etc.

I went from GB to these 6 months ago. No problems at all.

Original Poster

The rates for iresa are the cheapest for me. And I don't always trust reviews as I've heard about the big 6 being awful customer service. So I'll take the plunge.

Director Nigerian OLADEJI, Adeniyi Oluwaseun previous 4 businesses disolved 2009 from companycheck co
    . uk
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Year's Supply of Tea, a Coffee Hamper & a Coffee Machine11
      2. Win a Mazona Olympus 8kW multi-fuel stove @ Gr8 Fires33
      3. Jazz apple slicer for the price of a stamp33
      4. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains55

See more discussions