irish approach to tv licence evasion

Found 11th MarEdited by:"seb"
amy daly :

...She sued the Garda Commissioner, the governor of the Dochas Centre at Mountjoy, the Minister for Justice and Equality and the State over the incident.

She sued for false imprisonment, breach of her constitutional right to liberty, negligence and breach of duty.

The State parties had admitted liability for these breaches but there was an issue over the level of damages...

independent.ie/iri…tml
Community Updates
MiscElectronics
12 Comments
Irish approach to someone failing to turn up at court, then mistaken identity, meh.
Oh yippee another TV licence thread

One has to ask the question

Of all the endless tax evasion stories over the last few years
Why the obsession with this puny little one ?
Wongy11010 m ago

Oh yippee another TV licence threadOne has to ask the question Of all the …Oh yippee another TV licence threadOne has to ask the question Of all the endless tax evasion stories over the last few yearsWhy the obsession with this puny little one ?

Same fascination as most people have with any organised crime syndicate?
Shengis6 m ago

Oh I think you will find there is a bit more to it than that
Shengis35 m ago

Wongy11028 m ago

Oh I think you will find there is a bit more to it than that

33421864-YLbPr.jpg
I learnt that a UK unit of alcohol is less alcohol than a ROI unit of alcohol.
Banned
Wongy11052 m ago

Oh yippee another TV licence threadOne has to ask the question Of all the …Oh yippee another TV licence threadOne has to ask the question Of all the endless tax evasion stories over the last few yearsWhy the obsession with this puny little one ?

Awesome can you pay the £150 for everybody then?
I've just paid mine, and it was around £147.
It's a bit of a pain, but I'm legially obligated to pay it, so I'd rather be law abiding.
Surprised anyone even bothers with a TV licence in the ROI with all the spillage from UK terrestrial transmitter sites and lets not forget Freesat for those living on the west coast.
Banned
33422941-DTAt4.jpg
Chiptivo56 m ago

I've just paid mine, and it was around £147. It's a bit of a pain, but I'm …I've just paid mine, and it was around £147. It's a bit of a pain, but I'm legially obligated to pay it, so I'd rather be law abiding.

not everyone is obligated to pay it
which is the point in most of the bbc threads.
I kinda suspect that this entire case hinges on a minor spelling error someone made when they were writing out the woman's surname. Interesting that Misc somehow sees it as a reason to go on about the British TV license, though.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants