Groups

Irish Whiskey Advice Required

Hi, Im looking to buy a bottle of irish whiskey for a friend. I have checked out various sites and narrowed the list down to the following:

Green Spot
    Bushmills 1608

I dont really drink so these choices are based solely on reviews. So, those folks out there who know their whiskies, which one would you choose?

12 Comments

Personally I would buy Bushmills 1608

Some info here:

Bushmills 1608 Reserve
    100cl / 40% ABV / Distillery Bottling
    Category: Blended
    Compare Prices: Bushmills

Description:
    This is the 1 litre bottle of Bushmills 1608 Reserve which is normally only available at Duty-Free shops, the malt used to make 1608 Reserve is aged up to fifteen years before being blended with a small amount of aged grain whiskey.

Tasting Notes: The nose is very rich and sherried. A little fruity and a hint of vanilla. The taste confirms the nose , sweet rich and sherried, very smooth and silky. The finish is dry and malty. Over richer than the normal Black Bush.

I'd say Bushmills,but make sure you go for the 10 year old malt rather than one of the standard bottles (with the white label) they are poles apart :thumbsup:

Now....gotta find you a nice price on a bottle !!

Wouldn't like to say when it comes to Whiskey, as according to the Scottish in-laws I am a heathen, as I like mine with ginger beer!.

They all swear by ]Strathisla from £ 26-125

70cl Bushmills from Tesco is £ 20.99 at the moment - not a bad price

Depends whether you want a Protestant or a Catholic whiskey :lol:

Some people in NI actually base their choice of drinks on this - no joke!

DKLS;5327700

Wouldn't like to say when it comes to Whiskey, as according to the … Wouldn't like to say when it comes to Whiskey, as according to the Scottish in-laws I am a heathen, as I like mine with ginger beer!.They all swear by ]Strathisla from £ 26-125

...Its Scotch though ?

Banned

I'd go with the Bushmills out of those 2 but if you can find some Jameson thats tasty

Paddy Charlie;5327823

I'd go with the Bushmills out of those 2 but if you can find some Jameson … I'd go with the Bushmills out of those 2 but if you can find some Jameson thats tasty

I thought this would be more up your street :-Dhttp://www.royalmilewhiskies.com//images/products/0010000002645_XL.JPG

Banned

Thats not a bad one but if I go for a whiskey back in Ireland its always a jameson

Does it have to be Irish ?

I love Glenfiddich - Scottish single malt. Soooo nice

Jameson is the best..I would gladly recommend

https://media.giphy.com/media/10XVIJcx5rfIHe/giphy.gif
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …278964
      2. What is there free to do in your town?12
      3. Entitled to overtime to be included in your holiday pay1020
      4. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…1534

See more discussions