Iron fence railings and gate

Posted 23rd OctEdited by:"mutley1"
Anyone know where I can get these made cheaply? I am in London so delivery only would work if the supply is cheap enough as I can then get a tradesman to install.

I have just had a quote of £4,000 for supply and install! so I am getting another quote but wondered if anyone know of a cheap iron works place?

I only need 3 iron railings of size 220 cm length x 39 cm height
Gate of 90 cm high x 90 cm wide with 2 gate posts

So £4,000 sounds a lot for that!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
mutley123/10/2019 14:27

i note that they are located in essex. i will get quotes from steel works …i note that they are located in essex. i will get quotes from steel works outside of London as they will probably be cheaper than the ones located inside London even if they have to travel a little bit further to the property. will get a quote from them, thanks

Bit quiet this one mutters, here's a little bump. I know you like to get a few days out of a thread.
19 Comments
Wow just caught a flamedeer on this post lol
How do you want these supposed gates finished, not in raw iron I expect?
Galvanised, powder coated etc?
PS well done on 1114 they are coming thick and fast now.
Edited by: "fearona" 23rd Oct
£4000 is a good price for what you want. You should just buy them at the quoted price.

Btw mutters, me old mate, keep em coming

38733351-I6JFu.jpg
Edited by: "deeky" 23rd Oct
fearona23/10/2019 11:30

How do you want these supposed gates finished, not in raw iron I expect?

the quote is for primed and painted one coat of black. any other finish and it adds to the quote, the £4,000 is the cheapest finish, the most expensive is £4,500.
mutley123/10/2019 11:32

the quote is for primed and painted one coat of black. any other finish …the quote is for primed and painted one coat of black. any other finish and it adds to the quote, the £4,000 is the cheapest finish, the most expensive is £4,500.

Sounds good to me.
mutley123/10/2019 11:32

the quote is for primed and painted one coat of black. any other finish …the quote is for primed and painted one coat of black. any other finish and it adds to the quote, the £4,000 is the cheapest finish, the most expensive is £4,500.

Be cheaper to order from outside london and get delivered.
Seems very reasonable
38733406-0NYB4.jpg
We got ours from castlegatesuk.com about 8 years ago. No complaints and they were reasonably priced. No idea if they are still around. They’re based in Romford
discozohan23/10/2019 11:54

We got ours from castlegatesuk.com about 8 years ago. No complaints and …We got ours from castlegatesuk.com about 8 years ago. No complaints and they were reasonably priced. No idea if they are still around. They’re based in Romford

did you get to install as well?
fearona23/10/2019 11:34

Be cheaper to order from outside london and get delivered.

i would think so as things are cheaper up north for example. but i would need exact measurements as the above measurements are for the gap so they would need to advise the exact size to fit into the gap considering that there will be fittings, these guys come out for site visit to take accurate measurements if i go ahead with the quote. guess that is all factored into the quote cost.
deeky23/10/2019 11:34

Sounds good to me.

Too cheap, he should offer atleast £9K
mutley123/10/2019 12:27

did you get to install as well?

Yes. Took about a week from the 1st visit to quote and measure to installation. We got an iron gate at the front and a few iron anti climb gates at the rear to deter intruders.
discozohan23/10/2019 12:41

Yes. Took about a week from the 1st visit to quote and measure to …Yes. Took about a week from the 1st visit to quote and measure to installation. We got an iron gate at the front and a few iron anti climb gates at the rear to deter intruders.

sounds good. the one that i had asked says the lead in time is 6 weeks after they have come out to measure. i am not in any hurry so it doesn't really matter as to lead in time. i think it is best to get them to install as then any problem with the gates and railings not fitting stays with them to sort out.
mutley123/10/2019 14:23

sounds good. the one that i had asked says the lead in time is 6 weeks …sounds good. the one that i had asked says the lead in time is 6 weeks after they have come out to measure. i am not in any hurry so it doesn't really matter as to lead in time. i think it is best to get them to install as then any problem with the gates and railings not fitting stays with them to sort out.

Give them a call. Again it was 8 years ago dunno what they are like now but no harm in getting a quote
discozohan23/10/2019 14:25

Give them a call. Again it was 8 years ago dunno what they are like now …Give them a call. Again it was 8 years ago dunno what they are like now but no harm in getting a quote

i note that they are located in essex. i will get quotes from steel works outside of London as they will probably be cheaper than the ones located inside London even if they have to travel a little bit further to the property. will get a quote from them, thanks
mutley123/10/2019 14:27

i note that they are located in essex. i will get quotes from steel works …i note that they are located in essex. i will get quotes from steel works outside of London as they will probably be cheaper than the ones located inside London even if they have to travel a little bit further to the property. will get a quote from them, thanks

Bit quiet this one mutters, here's a little bump. I know you like to get a few days out of a thread.
Sounds a good quote, you should go for it.
deeky23/10/2019 21:54

Bit quiet this one mutters, here's a little bump. I know you like to get a …Bit quiet this one mutters, here's a little bump. I know you like to get a few days out of a thread.

This is quote of the week for me.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants