iron problem - what should i do

Found 21st May 2009
hi,
i bought an expensive morphy richards iron from debenhams in june 2008 (luckily i have just found the invoice now). it is now not working anymore it turns on with a funny beep sound and no heat is being generated. should i contact debenhams because it is under a 1 year yet or do i need to contact morphy richards?????
cheers

9 Comments

Debehams, they should refund it - well done you for keeping the reciept - pat on the back

Probably have to phone Morphy Richards I had the same problem and they sent me another better model and picked up the faulty one at the same time. Hope this helps

Centrum might help

grex9101;5284547

Centrum might help

lol:)

I would try and take it back for a refund if I were you - just play ignorant and tell them you want a refund because it isn't working anymore.
Then if it works you can go get a nice shiny new one and the prices are probably a it cheaper a year later :-D

If you still have the box take it to Debenhams with proof of purchase explain nice and calmly what you have just posted here and either ask for a refund, replacement or credit note. They might try to offer a repair however stick to your guns and they will envariably crumble.

p.s It doesn't really matter about the box

I got a £170 refund from House of Fraser after 18 months of using an electric shaver, no quibbles I just said there was an intermittent fault on it. (Reality being there was nothing wrong with it, I just wanted the money for something else

mightykaboosh;5284609

If you still have the box take it to Debenhams with proof of purchase … If you still have the box take it to Debenhams with proof of purchase explain nice and calmly what you have just posted here and either ask for a refund, replacement or credit note. They might try to offer a repair however stick to your guns and they will envariably crumble.p.s It doesn't really matter about the boxI got a £170 refund from House of Fraser after 18 months of using an electric shaver, no quibbles I just said there was an intermittent fault on it. (Reality being there was nothing wrong with it, I just wanted the money for something else

I have found Argos to be cool like that 99% of the time, too.
Deffo try for a refund OP :thumbsup:

If it is still under guarantee take it back to Deb's they will refund or replace.

Original Poster

thanks for all your answers, however i DO NOT HAVE A BOX - DOES IT MATTER
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Incorrect Amazon refunds - how can I make sure they don't owe me any more m…815
    2. I’m in dire need of a dash cam with remote viewing capability over 4G918
    3. Driving anxiety.2734
    4. WANTED tickets for Logic Manchester12

See more discussions