Groups

Iron tripping the switch

Does this mean the fuse needs changing?

10 Comments

your iron is causing the circuit breaker to trip? time for a new iron!

Original Poster

really? why?

Original Poster

less than a year
    bought it from debenhams

Agree with above. Iron is faulty. Get a new one. This is nothing to do with the fuse.

it may be the socket try plugging the kettle in to it and see if it does the same

Could be any number of reasons why the iron might fail really, but they do, even newish ones sometimes.

If you needed a new fuse in the fusebox, the fuse would blow. Tripping the circuit breaker means you're either overloading the power supply with lots of things plugged in at once (iron, kettle, wahsing machine, hairdryer, curlers etc all going on full power might do it) or the iron has a short circuit in it, which really isnt good. Circuit breakers are there as a safety measure.

sharonwai;3437369

really? why?

Because there is an imbalance in the line current to neutral current which probably means excessive earth leakage. Take it back.

Original Poster

missismop;3437427

it may be the socket try plugging the kettle in to it and see if it does … it may be the socket try plugging the kettle in to it and see if it does the same

i have try the iron in different socket and it trip

Original Poster

thanks people, i will be taking it back to debenhams

Mine started to get water in the electrics, just a bit of vapour is enough don't use it.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …252845
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846319
      3. HOMEBASE CLEARANCE SALE44
      4. word association Game72844187

See more discussions