Groups
    EXPIRED

Irritating ears from cheap earrings

Hi, I have a earring that I like but it's cheap costume jewellery I think so the metal irritates my ear after wearing them.
    Someone suggested that I put nail polish on all the parts that make contact with the ear but that only lasted a few days.

I've tried looking for more expensive ones but with a different metal and all I found was stainless steel, does that irritate ears too? In the past I've had 22ct gold and never had problems.

The earring is a plain black stud earring, any suggestions?

Thanks

9 Comments

How about sterling silver earring u can pick them up cheap or mabey 9ct gold. Also there's some gold diamond pear shaped studs in argos for 30 odd quid they are on sale was over £70

Original Poster

Hi, I'm looking for this type, I can only find stainless steel
    http://www.urban-male.com/3093-thickbox/black-stainless-steel-mens-stud-earrings-5mm.jpg

Have a look at this, they are plastic sleeves to protect your ears

etsy.com/uk/…ced

Original Poster

mikey_d

Have a look at this, they are plastic sleeves to protect your … Have a look at this, they are plastic sleeves to protect your earshttps://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/126827480/16-earring-sleeves-backs-plastic-pierced

I've never seen that before, I'll definitely look into it, thanks

212/5309 argos 9.99 3 pairs 1 pair are black crystal stud sterling silver x

Original Poster

Thank you both!

Banned

I'm sure u can buy something stronger that nail polish which will stop the metal touching yr skin and causing irritation

These say mens but they look similar they say they are gold plated silver
    etsy.com/uk/…for

Sounds like me, I've got a nickel allergy, Some stainless steel contains nickel :(, Trial and error.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Cheapest Place to Buy Half Decent LED Bulbs - Bayonet & Spots33
      2. Which android box?47
      3. Upgrading qacoustic speaker setup22
      4. A mini break to Edinburgh - recommendations etc!711

See more discussions