Groups
    EXPIRED

is £24.99 good to extend my PS3 warranty to 3 years?

HMV said they can extend my warranty for my Play station 3 i bought last week for £24.99 sounds like a good price, can anyone offer any advise if i should go for it or not, i bought the 250gig version, i posted it on here as well: hotukdeals.com/ite…ele i think its a fair price aint it cause curry's and that will charge loads more, any help would be appreciated, thanks, jay.

15 Comments

Very good price. Tbh.

Better to be safe and take it.

its a no brainer dude, pay it.

YLOD on it's way

sounds ok for the price,check what it covers though and how it works....better than going through all the back and forth with SOGA if you have trouble after a year imo

sounds good to me.

Original Poster

DudeyGeeza;7541384

its a no brainer dude, pay it.YLOD on it's way

what does YLOD mean? :oops: thanks think ill buy it then, lady said you can get it upto 28days after purchase so i have about 2 weeks yet, its 2 year cover really aint it cause 1 year is standard im sure it'l just cover whatever the one year standard warrenty covers, its hmv they'l be good they cant be dodgy can they?

jay_leeds;7541431

what does YLOD mean? :oops: thanks think ill buy it then, lady said you … what does YLOD mean? :oops: thanks think ill buy it then, lady said you can get it upto 28days after purchase so i have about 2 weeks yet, its 2 year cover really aint it cause 1 year is standard im sure it'l just cover whatever the one year standard warrenty covers, its hmv they'l be good they cant be dodgy can they?

Yellow Light of Death.
    Which a very small percentage of PS3's get. Unlike RROD on the 360
    As long as you keep your PS3 well ventilated like a person with common sense would then you should be fine.

i bought mine form hmv, took out the 3 years my ps3 went down the other week, just took it back the they swapped it straight over, well worth it

worth every penny. In 3 years time your ps3 is likely to start having problems. Just remember to check the terms

Not technically needed, and chances are you won't use it, but it can often be worth it for peace of mind, and also for the knowledge that things will be sorted out quickly if something does go wrong.

Personally I never buy extended warranties, with the exception of my PS3 that I bought at launch in March 2007. Last week the Blu ray drive failed on it. It's being fixed now and shall be back with me soon (it's a 60GB model so can't be replaced with a new one). I'd say I got somewhat lucky there.

Definitely worth it my friend did this it failed on him twice and they gave him £350 to buy him a new one and PS3s only cost £250

Id buy it!!!!

Original Poster

thanks people i'm going to buy it now, £24.99 is bril value i think, i wouldn't pay any more though!

Crazy Jamie;7542023

Not technically needed, and chances are you won't use it, but it can … Not technically needed, and chances are you won't use it, but it can often be worth it for peace of mind, and also for the knowledge that things will be sorted out quickly if something does go wrong. Personally I never buy extended warranties, with the exception of my PS3 that I bought at launch in March 2007. Last week the Blu ray drive failed on it. It's being fixed now and shall be back with me soon (it's a 60GB model so can't be replaced with a new one). I'd say I got somewhat lucky there.

Mine cost me £99 quid to be replaced with a new laser. :x

Adam2050;7550219

Mine cost me £99 quid to be replaced with a new laser. :x

Gutted. I imagine I'd be faced with a similar bill without the insurance. As I said, I hardly ever take out insurance like that, so was very lucky that it came through for me this time.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?25114
      2. A Nigerian prince and bit coins scam78
      3. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 891616
      4. Sad news about Barcelona24106

See more discussions