Groups

is 3 network any good please?

Hi I am looking for a new contract and all the best deals for what im after seem to be on the 3 network.
    Is this for a reason?
    Are they good/bad/ok?

Any advice greatly appreciated
    Thank you

22 Comments

I can't fault it. Been with them 12yrs. As with all networks, always check their coverage map to make sure you can get good signal in your postcode, or buy a cheap payg sim and try the network first if you're not sure

I've also been with them for 10 years and never had a problem.

I have been with them for 13 years and I have three contracts with them for my husband and my sister. they are perfect. I brought a contract with Vodafone for my mother and ended up complaining to ombudsmen and compensated with 250 pound for their disgusting services. I will highly recommend.

I can't fault them. I'm currently with them and have been with them on and off since they first arrived in the UK. The only downside is they don't seem to have a UK call centre, but when I've called them I've had no issues. Be careful of what phone you use, they only support a minimum of 3g, so your phone needs to have at least 3g capability.

kijihoon

I can't fault them. I'm currently with them and have been with them on … I can't fault them. I'm currently with them and have been with them on and off since they first arrived in the UK. The only downside is they don't seem to have a UK call centre, but when I've called them I've had no issues. Be careful of what phone you use, they only support a minimum of 3g, so your phone needs to have at least 3g capability.

They have a call centre in Glasgow sadly it's more for escalated complaints or manger call backs...they have a chat function
    Which is easier to use than the calling...overall they are like most networks and have the people who hate them etc... get a sim try it out is best advice.....

£6.5 for a sim only deal 4gb of data unlim mins and txt had to sign up for 12 months but seems ok deal
    get 4g at home sw9 London

They are brill. used them all over the world.
    the only downfall is the customer service centre in Mumbai. although helpful they read a script if you can understand them and go round in circles.
    but great service . very quick on 4g

When I switch networks, I always get a PAYG sim from whoever I am thinking of switching to and try it out at home and work to see what the signal is like. Not always possible I know unless you have an unlocked phone but it is more reliable than the coverage maps from the networks.

mattmerch

£6.5 for a sim only deal 4gb of data unlim mins and txt had to sign up … £6.5 for a sim only deal 4gb of data unlim mins and txt had to sign up for 12 months but seems ok deal get 4g at home sw9 London

​How did you get all that for £6.50? I get the same but for £9!

kijihoon

How did you get all that for £6.50? I get the same but for £9!

I just got a sim for £7.40 after TCB for 8GB/600 mins/UnlimitedText

was with them for 4 years now with ee. they are good but not great. 4g was hard to get indoors sometimes and if in a 4g blackspot then you get nothing but wife on another network had service. cant fault the roaming when abroad and prices are decent.

I'm very happy with them.

Maybe not the fastest in built up areas, but how fast do you need if you are able to stream HD content.

The main thing I like them for is the rural coverage as stream high quality Internet radio in the car and where O2 and Vodafone struggle to get Edge I always have a usable 3G connection at the worst.

The only other network I would try is EE, but they are too expensive for their larger data bundles (have unlimited with Three).

rubbish

Been with them 12 yrs, have the odd problem with signal but by and large it's bang on, but all. Depends where you live

Original Poster

thanks for all the comments people!

fast 4g speeds not so sure about phone reception

I'm on Three, Coverage is poor in comparison to Vodafone. Vodafone a lot faster 4G speeds too. It does vary though.

Network has been down on several occasions in space of 2 months, V many years on Vodafone and don't recall any network down time.
    Edited by: "shauneco" 14th Jun

I'm very happy with the service and price, I utilise feel at home extensively.

I rarely ever have an issue with Three always reliable

3 newtwork is good.

Yes also been with them since early days! 10+ Years coverage and speed is good.

My sons been with 3 for around 7 years, he moved to bristol 2 years ago, the signal is not very good were he is. Otherwise he finds it really good. Also look at tesco mobile, they use O2 network at a good price, me and my wife have been with tesco mobile for around 9 years and never had a problem. Like any mobile, you will get areas with no coverage. You can check online which is the best in your area.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Looking for help/advice finding a weeks holiday in September please??56
      2. GAP Insurance Recommendations11
      3. Any discount for paultons park?22
      4. New Layout is Confusing: How to I navigate to specific items!?56

See more discussions