Expired

Is £310 quid supplied and fitted for a new clutch a fare price?

Found 25th Mar 2013
just been quoted this and wondering if it fare or not?

Cheers...
Community Updates
AskClutchGolfPrice Glitch
15 Comments
It's about what I'd expect to pay.
Yes that's an incredibly cheap price so don't hang about. The last clutch I needed fixing (on an Astra) cost me nearly £700!
Thats about half the price of the clutch centers.
pretty damn good. paid £350 for my ford ka, and that was the cheapest around!!
good price
Sounds too cheap for a diesel engine clutch. Are they replacing the complete assembly or just the plate? Will it be a new clutch or a recon? Is it from a reputable garage you trust or did you ring around for the cheapest price? Is the price inclusive of parts and labour?
News just in - New gearbox from main dealer for BMW X5 was £6k plus 7 hours labour at £107 per hour! A new gear box from a main dealer is actually a referb too.
cmyk which garage is it. sounds good!!

my clutch in the civic is going..... really bad at the mo - but i get my new car on the 23rd april so am driving like an old person to see me through!
great-deals

News just in - New gearbox from main dealer for BMW X5 was £6k plus 7 … News just in - New gearbox from main dealer for BMW X5 was £6k plus 7 hours labour at £107 per hour! A new gear box from a main dealer is actually a referb too.

WOAHHHHHH!!!! thats maddness
cmyk

Supplied and fitted its the fly wheel and plate new as far as i know i … Supplied and fitted its the fly wheel and plate new as far as i know i didn't question just assumed also its a garage ive used before local that seem pretty honest and dont think would rip people off but you never know... guy said 110 for the flywheel and clutch and 200 for labour..

Sounds like he's fitting second hand parts. A new flywheel with clutch will cost £500+ without fitting costs and without VAT. Do make further enquiries.
The Therapist

Sounds like he's fitting second hand parts. A new flywheel with clutch … Sounds like he's fitting second hand parts. A new flywheel with clutch will cost £500+ without fitting costs and without VAT. Do make further enquiries.

+1

At that price it's either secondhand parts of just the clutch. While a clutch kit and flywheel and bolt pack can by bought for around the £300 mark. But still even f it is a clutch only price it's still a good price.
cmyk

where do you get this information from? dont think they would fit second … where do you get this information from? dont think they would fit second hand parts if im honest...just found this with a quick search of ebay? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280901563735?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649also this from ecp http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Volkswagen_Golf_1.9_1999/p/car-parts/car-transmission/clutch-and-associated-parts/clutch-kit/?641780120&1&aca84867bcca59658fd9c93d5722569f1b372ad7&000069

Well the first link is for a solid flywheel and not the dual mass one that is recommended by VW and originally fitted. The clutch kit in the second one is correct but can be had for less.

A DM flywheel will cost about £210 (+£10 for new bolt kit). A clutch kit about £80.
cmyk

thanks for the info, so were not looking at 500+?

Well that parts should be £300 or so and fitting will usually charged for about 4 hours. If it's had the clutch and flywheel done in the past you may get away with just a clutch kit. So at a main dealer the man hours are going to cost you best part of £500 (£125p/h) a small garage should get that down to about £200-£240 (£50/£60p/h).
cmyk

thanks for the info, so were not looking at 500+? Lots of info regarding … thanks for the info, so were not looking at 500+? Lots of info regarding dmfw v solid flywheel on the net, if its a solid flywheel fitted ill take my chances on getting another couple of years out the car, ive had it for over nine years and its been well looked after this is the first big problem thats arose so will check with the garage and see whats been fitted, again thanks for all the correct information..

I can't advise on solid vs DM. But if you know the risks and drive it easy then on an old car it makes economic sense. The other thing is the garage might make you sign a disclaimer changing over so if you kill the transmission you can't blame them.
GAVINLEWISHUKD

I can't advise on solid vs DM. But if you know the risks and drive it … I can't advise on solid vs DM. But if you know the risks and drive it easy then on an old car it makes economic sense. The other thing is the garage might make you sign a disclaimer changing over so if you kill the transmission you can't blame them.

no worries, cheers
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants