Is 4gb memory enough on a xbox 360 if I bought my games from the shops?

Looking to purchase a xbox 360. I all ready have a hard copy of Fifa 15 which I want to be able to play on it so I can compete with my Nephew via xbox live. Would I need any more storage if I was just playing this game and not downloading much.

Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.

16 Comments

No, no, no.

No, it won't be of any use to you. I don't understand why they even see 4gb xboxes.

Fifa will probably require an initial update that will take up 1.5gb.

I dont use the Xbox in my house (its the kids and wifes) but i think id be right in saying that you will also need to buy Xbox live GOLD if you want to play sopmeone via the internet. (another £30 per year and also per PROFILE)

Dont buy a 4Gb xbox 360. Might as well have a house brick connected to the tv.

Games from last generation are about 6 -12 gig I space. Some games will take smaller amounts like indie titles and xbox arcade titles.

I miss read the title.

If you're buying hard copies. You will once in a while hit a snag on the save data amount. 4gb isn't a lot to work off, considering some game saves can go into a gig or more. Based on how customising there is on the game/settings.
Edited by: "kos1c" 6th Jan 2015

my son had problems with his 4gb memory. sorted with a 32gb usb drive for not much more than a tenner.

If fifa is the only game you'll play then 4gb will work, but after that problems will arrive.

it would depend on the saving you make by getting the 4gb version.

Don't forget you can add to the memory with usb hard drives or pen drives.

AFAIK the only thing that needs to go on an official xbox harddrive is the emulator to play original xbox games

Original Poster

wobinb

AFAIK the only thing that needs to go on an official xbox harddrive is … AFAIK the only thing that needs to go on an official xbox harddrive is the emulator to play original xbox games

Ok Thanks. When you save game progress does this also get stored on the hard drive? If I run out of space then would a 64gb fash drive stick cover any game updates or game progress?

the xbox will ask you where to save, so from my experience a Flash drive will work.

I would use an old usb harddrive if you have one.

Original Poster

wobinb

the xbox will ask you where to save, so from my experience a Flash drive … the xbox will ask you where to save, so from my experience a Flash drive will work. I would use an old usb harddrive if you have one.

Ok cheers

like others have stated use a USB stick you can save all updates, game saves etc. cheaper than rushing out to get a hard drive .

you can also use an external drive but unsure exactly how much of it will be useable
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. word association Game73944485
    2. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927360
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767263
    4. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4671408

See more discussions