Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Is 5G safe?

Posted 23rd Sep
I was thinking of swapping my Three SIM card to 5G (free of charge), but just want to know what your opinion of 5G is? Is it safe? Would it be better to change my SIM card to 5G or just stick to what I already have (4G)?
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
No, Your phone will explode and your brain will fry!
20 Comments
Do you have a 5g enabled phone?
deals6923/09/2019 22:44

Do you have a 5g enabled phone?

I'm not sure. How do I find out if my phone is compatible? I have a Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus.
No, Your phone will explode and your brain will fry!
sazzopardi197123/09/2019 22:49

I'm not sure. How do I find out if my phone is compatible? I have a …I'm not sure. How do I find out if my phone is compatible? I have a Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus.

No, unfortunately your phone is not compatible. They became compatible from the S10's but still, you need the specific version of the phone that has 5g capabilities but, no unfortunately your phone isnt compatible
sazzopardi197123/09/2019 22:49

I'm not sure. How do I find out if my phone is compatible? I have a …I'm not sure. How do I find out if my phone is compatible? I have a Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus.

The S9 isn't 5g so no benefit to you. The S10 is 5g. There aren't many 5g mobiles just yet either but they will become more popular.
deals6923/09/2019 22:51

No, unfortunately your phone is not compatible. They became compatible …No, unfortunately your phone is not compatible. They became compatible from the S10's but still, you need the specific version of the phone that has 5g capabilities but, no unfortunately your phone isnt compatible

Ok thank you
.MUFC.23/09/2019 22:52

The S9 isn't 5g so no benefit to you. The S10 is 5g. There aren't many 5g …The S9 isn't 5g so no benefit to you. The S10 is 5g. There aren't many 5g mobiles just yet either but they will become more popular.

Thanks
sazzopardi197123/09/2019 22:58

Ok thank you

But if it's a free upgrade I don't see why not as it's good future proofing as I'm sure the sim still works but at 4g
well you don't have an option because they have already activated the 5G satellite in the UK so whether if you have a 5G phone or not you'll still feel the effects of 5G, if any
trivium23/09/2019 23:04

well you don't have an option because they have already activated the 5G …well you don't have an option because they have already activated the 5G satellite in the UK so whether if you have a 5G phone or not you'll still feel the effects of 5G, if any

U sure?
deals6923/09/2019 23:05

U sure?

when 4G was announced many years ago people asked is it safe. i'm sure your phone is 4G. well let me ask you, is 4G safe?
5G is perfectly safe, just as 4G and 3G are. You may get some people who say otherwise though *cough*

38532034-u8YLi.jpg

It is already deployed in some areas and will eventually become nationwide. EE are replacing 3G masts with 5G ones so in any place you had 3G before you will have 5G. Having a 5G phone right now is unnecessary as 5G is not widely available yet but upgrading your SIM to a 5G ready one for free is absolutely not a problem in preparation for the next few years!
No.
As safe as Mr. Hoffman's smile

38532367-HYuqB.jpg
trivium23/09/2019 23:22

when 4G was announced many years ago people asked is it safe. i'm sure …when 4G was announced many years ago people asked is it safe. i'm sure your phone is 4G. well let me ask you, is 4G safe?

I was talking about the speeds
Current 5g is safe future version may not be if released
I don't even understand how having a 5g enabled phone and contract could be unsafe.

Assuming you believe 4g and 3g phones are safe in the first place.
trivium23/09/2019 23:04

well you don't have an option because they have already activated the 5G …well you don't have an option because they have already activated the 5G satellite in the UK so whether if you have a 5G phone or not you'll still feel the effects of 5G, if any

What are you on about, no standard phone signal uses satellites including 5g.
Mr Xi Jinping says it is so it must be
5g is safe as 4g
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants