Is £70 a good price for an Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 TI?

Found 22nd Dec 2017
It's at my local CEX, so will include warranty.

If not, what can I get for around that price? Only want to play ETS2...
Community Updates
Ask
22 Comments
I’m not sure of the difference but there was a deal earlier for a 1050( not sure if ti) for 119£
No its 5 year old tech
Have a look at that on amazon
Or gtx 960 or gtx 980
Amazon warehouse sometimes cheaper
Check motherboard and psu compatible
Also if youvhave enough room to fit it
They can be quite a bit bigger than the 750
aa64xyz5 m ago

Or gtx 960 or gtx 980

(I know nothing about cards atm)

but they sound like they are older cards?
Is it a low profile case? If it was £50 I'd say maybe, as it is the 1050 is a better buy imo, or poss a 560 is under £100
960 980 are newer than 750
The link i give was for 1050 price £104
Well, I've gone for the GTX 750 Ti. I'll see how it is.

Thanks for the other info.

It's not a low profile card, but it fits - only thing I didn't realise is that it needs it's own power source, which it didn't come with, so I'll have to root around for one of them.
dcx_badass1 h, 42 m ago

If you can return I'll do you a more powerful GTX570 for £30 + postage.

You can't sell on hukd
NewUser54321 m ago

You can't sell on hukd

< You see that badge, that's a VIP badge, aka a do whatever the **** I like badge, you're so far out your jurisdiction you couldn't spot it with the Hubble telescope.
Edited by: "dcx_badass" 22nd Dec 2017
The GTX 750 ti main selling point is the low power consumption about 50 watts I think.. Plenty of cheap cards that beat it on cex.
aa64xyz6 h, 15 m ago

No its 5 year old tech

750 was the first Maxwell card - so 2014 and same gen as the 9 series but with a 7 badge.
Other than that agree with your 1050 advise as a better buy by quite some margin.
SOME GTX 750Ti use a PCI-E power connector, others don't - if you don't have one on the power supply, then you need a molex to 6 pin adapter - if the only things spare are SATA power, then a SATA to 6 pin (single SATA ones are actually breaking the rules for the design power of the SATA connector)

Molex rating, 11A, easily capable of the maximum 75W of a 6 pin, and most adapter use two.
SATA rating, 4.5A - and ones that use single are far too common - though for the smaller power usage of a GTX 750Ti, would probably be ok.

The GTX 750 is something of an anomaly, it is Maxwell V1 - and NOT capable of DX12 FL12 like the Maxwell V2 of the 900 series, more of a power saving refresh of the Kepler. Its price tends to be held higher than it deserves to be by its past reputation as a good budget card, keeping popularity and price high against lesser known options

The GT 1030 is the lowest of the Pascal series - DX12 FL12 capable, but outperformed by the GTX 750Ti - the GT1030 uses only half the power though (NEVER a power connector) and doesn't give much away to the 750Ti in performance.

The Yeston (who? Phil's computer lab has reviewed them) GT1030 is only £55.14 at gearbest, a super deal unless you get stung for VAT and charges - oh, GT 1030 is £55 at Cex and a few stores have one, and a great card at the price
matth999917 h, 36 m ago

SOME GTX 750Ti use a PCI-E power connector, others don't - if you don't …SOME GTX 750Ti use a PCI-E power connector, others don't - if you don't have one on the power supply, then you need a molex to 6 pin adapter - if the only things spare are SATA power, then a SATA to 6 pin (single SATA ones are actually breaking the rules for the design power of the SATA connector)Molex rating, 11A, easily capable of the maximum 75W of a 6 pin, and most adapter use two.SATA rating, 4.5A - and ones that use single are far too common - though for the smaller power usage of a GTX 750Ti, would probably be ok.The GTX 750 is something of an anomaly, it is Maxwell V1 - and NOT capable of DX12 FL12 like the Maxwell V2 of the 900 series, more of a power saving refresh of the Kepler. Its price tends to be held higher than it deserves to be by its past reputation as a good budget card, keeping popularity and price high against lesser known optionsThe GT 1030 is the lowest of the Pascal series - DX12 FL12 capable, but outperformed by the GTX 750Ti - the GT1030 uses only half the power though (NEVER a power connector) and doesn't give much away to the 750Ti in performance.The Yeston (who? Phil's computer lab has reviewed them) GT1030 is only £55.14 at gearbest, a super deal unless you get stung for VAT and charges - oh, GT 1030 is £55 at Cex and a few stores have one, and a great card at the price

What does FL12 mean ?
Yes, Nvidia released DX12 drivers for everything from Fermi upwards.

DirectX 12 supports operation at a number of feature levels (FL) which MUST be feature complete, for instance, Nvidia implemented some DX11.1 features, but cannot support the full FL11_1 feature set. Maxwell 2 supports FL12_1.

AMD provided DX12 support for cards based on GCN "Graphics Core Next" - from the HD7730 upwards - GCN 1 supporting FL11_1, GCN 2/3/4 supporting FL12_0 and GCN 5 moving up to FL12_1

I was a little disappointed when I found the GTX 750Ti lacked the "Maxwell" capabilities, but it doesn't matter that much in practice.
NewUser54322nd Dec

You can't sell on hukd

I'm sure they can sort something via PM can't they....
dcx_badass22nd Dec

If you can return I'll do you a more powerful GTX570 for £30 + postage.

Excuse my ignorance, but how is a 570 more powerful than a 750?

Card is getting returned tomorrow as my PSU couldn't handle it. Well, it could, but it caused some USB components to malfunction.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants