Groups

Is £8000 a good price for a 1.4 sxi Vauxhall asta 57 plate.

7000miles on the clock.
    Black. Great condition

Any views. My cousin who has 1 years no claims and is 24. He is after something with cheap insurance but is nice.

I was thinking the 1.6sri but not to sure

Any views would be fab

4 Comments

]See Parkers valuations

Used car valuation
    Vauxhall Astra Sport Hatch (05 on)
    1. 1.4i 16V SXi 3d
    2. 2008/57
    3. Average mileage: 10,000 miles/year

Original Price £14,475
    Franchised Dealer £10,310
    Independent Dealer £9,635
    Private Good £9,040
    Private Poor £7,605
    Part Exchange £8,280

Parkers is a bit of a joke, try to get Glass's Guide price.

Inactive;5662057

But Glass's Guide charge £3.50 a pop - which is, I guess, a small amount to reassue you when set against the money involved in buying a car these days. ;-)

Inactive;5662057

Depends whether you're buying or selling! Glass's is OK if you're buying and trading in something acceptable to a dealer. If your trade-in is dubious/unpopular, you'll only get CAP price which is (sometimes substantially!) lower than Glass's.

In reality, Parkers is not much less accurate than Glass's. The best bet is to look on somewhere like [url]www.autotrader.co.uk[/url] and see how much the dealers are selling for. Knock off about 10% and you've got a decent private price, knock off 15% and you're near to trade price! :whistling:

I'd say £8,000 is a reasonable price for a private purchase of a 1.4 sxi Astra with one private owner. I'd expect to pay about £5/600 less if it's ex-fleet.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846149
      2. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?44
      3. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2957
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764181

See more discussions