is a nintendo wii suitable for a 4 year old

15 replies
Found 18th Jan 2010
its my sons 4th birthday in april and we dont really know what to get him as he has loads from christmas, i was thinking of getting him a wii he has loads of energy to burn believe me...but im not sure if this is suitable for his age, is there any sort of games aimed at his age range? hes quite clever and picks up things quite easily

15 Comments

absolutely yes it is suitable, and there are loads of suitable games to amuse little over-active boys.

its also fab for helping with co-ordination etc. so definately recommended.

Why not go to a friends house and play one?
This will give you a better idea than what people who do not know you or your son.

Most definately!!!

they have games like go diego go and spongebob for your sons age.

some games can be quite tricky for kids, i think there arms get tired on some games where they have to point athe screen for a long time.
games like boomblox ar hard for them ithink.
mariokart is good and fairly easy to pick up, De blob is easy for kids to play.

we have one for the family - our four year old loves it - she struggled with the bowling for a bit - but loves it now - also she loves the Diego game we have - i think it would be good - just make sure he uses the strap on the controller !

Original Poster

thanks, i dont really know anyone that has one to try. i think ill get him one as most of you recommend it, is mario kart the one where you use the steering wheel? im going to look into it now and see what games will be suitable

Original Poster

[QUOTE=lucerysmum;7580737]we have one for the family - our four year old loves it - she struggled with the bowling for a bit - but loves it now - also she loves the Diego game we have - i think it would be good - just make sure he uses the strap on the controller ![/QUOT

o yes i definatly will, dont want my tv smashed:w00t:

mariokart you can use any of the controllers i think.
loads of differnet ways to set up the controllers.

My little lad has just turned four. And we've got a wii and he loves it. He plays mostly on wii sports and wii sport resort. Also loves the wii fit.

my 3 year old plays on the wii and has since he was 2. some games labelled 3+ are rather tricky so be careful what games you get.

Not sure if he's picked how to use from his older brother and sisters when they've been playing as he used to pretend to bowl when he was 18 months lol

wii sports, wii fit, cosmic family, peppa pig are a few of the games he plays.

Banned

my son had one last xmas so he was 6, but loves the wii sports, wii fit, mario and sonic at the olympics and carnival games, those are the ones he plays on most

Original Poster

thanks guy think ill definatly get him one. just a quick question if i buy him the wii fit do i need that board thingy?

Banned

jadey145;7580976

thanks guy think ill definatly get him one. just a quick question if i … thanks guy think ill definatly get him one. just a quick question if i buy him the wii fit do i need that board thingy?

yes :thumbsup: I personally wouldnt get the wii fit straight away, start with the wii and a few games and see how he likes, maybe get the wii fit later, when my son 1st had his i got him a few games, and the main one he played on was the wii sprts that came with it, and carnival games as they both quickish games and easy

We have one and both my 6 year old and 3 year old love it. We don't have the board yet tho...I would leave that (like Sassie said) till a later date tho. You don't need it for Mario Kart for example and infact any of the games we have....it does depend on what games u want:thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769465
    2. South Park: The Fractured Butt Hole Preorders - Ubisoft Store (Free Season …12
    3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247627
    4. Missing the old HUKD for sale area.1010

See more discussions