Groups

Is a person entitled to ...

A car or any other benefits if they have rheumatoid arthritis and they are also working?

thanks in advance:)

22 Comments

Original Poster

cbryanp;7345634

http://www.entitledto.co.uk/

Thanks mate will check that out sometime

If the rheumatoid arthritis is bad enough to cause substantial difficulties they might be
    entitled to disability allowance.
    there are two rates; one to assist with daily care and one to assist with mobility. Earning are not taken into account and working people can apply for one or both.
    The mobility allowance can be exchanged for a car

Supermod

If they are working then why would/should they be entitled to a car?

anyone who is entitled to higher rate mobility DLA is entitled to exchange their money for payments towards a car. Its not a free car, merely a way of purchasing a new car at extortionate prices, but often the only way a disabled person can get credit.

magicjay1986;7345821

If they are working then why would/should they be entitled to a car?

thats what I was thinking you know. Surely if they are fit to drive around, then ..............

Original Poster

honeyb35;7345875

anyone who is entitled to higher rate mobility DLA is entitled to … anyone who is entitled to higher rate mobility DLA is entitled to exchange their money for payments towards a car. Its not a free car, merely a way of purchasing a new car at extortionate prices, but often the only way a disabled person can get credit.

suuzi;7345750

If the rheumatoid arthritis is bad enough to cause substantial … If the rheumatoid arthritis is bad enough to cause substantial difficulties they might be entitled to disability allowance.there are two rates; one to assist with daily care and one to assist with mobility. Earning are not taken into account and working people can apply for one or both.The mobility allowance can be exchanged for a car

Thanks a lot guys

magicjay1986;7345969

It isnt always that easy. Try being a little considerate and not sounding … It isnt always that easy. Try being a little considerate and not sounding like an idiot. For the record, I have worked since I was 12.

I have been working since i was born, had a 23 and a half hour round trip to work, slept in a hole and ate a egg a day.

Original Poster

magicjay1986;7345988

What would you rather have...1. Genuine disability which hinders your … What would you rather have...1. Genuine disability which hinders your chance of progression in life.2. No diability. You are able to work and what whatever job you like. Yes, it is as simple as that.

Thanks mate for being helpful

Supermod

andel90;7345997

Thanks mate for being helpful

Dont mention it. I hope they get as much held as they are eligible for.

it is very hard to get the high rate mobility, as you are still able to work you might only get the low rate for mobility as in its hard to get around but you can as you go to work. the best thing to do is apply but get some help to do so as the paperwork is very tedious, speak to your doctor who diagnosed you and ask for his support as that will help you as well. even if you dont qualify for the high rate its still worth applying as you could also apply for the blue badge as with R/A not having to walk half a mile to get to supermarket ect is a good help
    corinne

Original Poster

rosalie;7346024

it is very hard to get the high rate mobility, as you are still able to … it is very hard to get the high rate mobility, as you are still able to work you might only get the low rate for mobility as in its hard to get around but you can as you go to work. the best thing to do is apply but get some help to do so as the paperwork is very tedious, speak to your doctor who diagnosed you and ask for his support as that will help you as well. even if you dont qualify for the high rate its still worth applying as you could also apply for the blue badge as with R/A not having to walk half a mile to get to supermarket ect is a good helpcorinne

Thank you.

Original Poster

magicjay1986;7346019

Dont mention it. I hope they get as much held as they are eligible for.

thanks i will pass what you have said.

andel90;7346057

like your mother begging for her next fix scrounging on my Peni$

Rise above it, your as bad as him.

OP my dad has a car thanks to ...I think its DLA.......he doesnt work, but would love to still be working and it gives him some independence which is priceless.

Fingers crossed it works out for whoever this is for:thumbsup:

Original Poster

bossyboots;7346096

OP my dad has a car thanks to ...I think its DLA.......he doesnt work, … OP my dad has a car thanks to ...I think its DLA.......he doesnt work, but would love to still be working and it gives him some independence which is priceless. Fingers crossed it works out for whoever this is for:thumbsup:

Thanks a lot mate

Can I just say here..............................?

Oh, sorry, I forgot what I was going to say.............:oops:

mod

herewego1234;7346145

hey heartless maybe i can get a car

I'm not sure how you think your comments are in anyway answering the question posted - if you have nothing to offer apart from sarcasm, digs etc then best not to bother with this thread anymore.
    If you have some advice to give then by all means post but hijacking this thread is not big and not clever

deek72;7346116

Can I just say here..............................?Oh, sorry, I forgot … Can I just say here..............................?Oh, sorry, I forgot what I was going to say.............:oops:

old age Deek.............you need to get down to Holland & Barrett for some Gingko Biloba:thumbsup:

I've got authritis too I'm only 16 nearly 17, I've had it for about 10-15 years and the hospital only just figured out what it was, typical nhs, I tried to claim for dla about 6 months ago as the doctor said they would allow me to have a car, I waited 3 months then they said I can't have anything because I can eat my own meals! Omg man it's perthetic, there's too many people frauding that's what the problem is

My neice has arthritis, she was diagnosed at 2, and is now 8. Its not nice for anyone, but a little girl?

I have a mate who says has been diagnosed with MS and she tried to get DLA for a car but she works nearly full time, walks her dogs 4 miles a day and has a hubby who claims benefits for her as well and gets her rent paid.
    Now is claiming vets fees from PDSA and has just told me is buying a dog for £350 in 2 weeks but will get insurance for it!!!!
    Making me mad now as I lent them money which was meant to be paid back last week but said they couldn't afford it so I went without over Xmas and now found out she got paid £150 and used it to pay for dog.........................
    I am off sick but am self employed and have savings so don't get any help at all and think she is taking mickey out of system now..................
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4552123
      2. Surprise the Miles136 summer burning caribou comp1122
      3. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…27120
      4. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?2546

See more discussions