Groups

Is a receipt required for ps3 warranty purposes?

Probably a daft question, but do I need a receipt (proof of purchase) in order for Sony to accept any warranty claims?

Thanks in advance.

10 Comments

It depends on the age of the console.

They are stricter than they once were.

Original Poster

thesaint;7706878

It depends on the age of the console.They are stricter than they once … It depends on the age of the console.They are stricter than they once were.

How about the new ps3 slims?

ele-font;7706890

How about the new ps3 slims?

You will be ok if its a slim, because they came out in october, so there is no way it can be out of warranty, whats up with it?

Original Poster

asayer;7706920

You will be ok if its a slim, because they came out in october, so there … You will be ok if its a slim, because they came out in october, so there is no way it can be out of warranty, whats up with it?

Looking to buy one of eBay but the guy has no receipt so was wondering what would happen should I need to contact Sony and make a claim? Would I need to provide a receipt aswell?

ele-font;7706942

Looking to buy one of eBay but the guy has no receipt so was wondering … Looking to buy one of eBay but the guy has no receipt so was wondering what would happen should I need to contact Sony and make a claim? Would I need to provide a receipt aswell?

You would probably have to if it went wrong after october this year, but then it may be out of warranty by then anyway. i would try and get one with a receipt it you could though just to be on the safe side :thumbsup:

Original Poster

asayer;7706979

You would probably have to if it went wrong after october this year, but … You would probably have to if it went wrong after october this year, but then it may be out of warranty by then anyway. i would try and get one with a receipt it you could though just to be on the safe side :thumbsup:

Probably right. Thanks for the time to reply

Sony are ridiculously easy to get a free replacement from, just ring them and give them your serial. Then say it is less than 12 months, they will exchange it for free. Unless a previous owner registered it with them too.

Banned

Orekul;7707817

Sony are ridiculously easy to get a free replacement from, just ring them … Sony are ridiculously easy to get a free replacement from, just ring them and give them your serial. Then say it is less than 12 months, they will exchange it for free. Unless a previous owner registered it with them too.

I am sure many would disagree with this post.............

Original Poster

Orekul;7707817

Sony are ridiculously easy to get a free replacement from, just ring them … Sony are ridiculously easy to get a free replacement from, just ring them and give them your serial. Then say it is less than 12 months, they will exchange it for free. Unless a previous owner registered it with them too.

so receipt no needed? :-D

i got my 60gb replaced 2 ears after i bought it. it might have been jus because it was a 60gband they extended the warranty by abit longer but it also depends on who you speak to.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game73844456
      2. Royal Mil track and trace45
      3. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)60477
      4. EasyJet flights for summer 2018 (up until 2nd Sept 2018) will be released o…56

See more discussions