Groups

is a refund possible?

Just wanted to know if I paid a deposit for a course that says is not refundable, may I get a refund before the course?

I know it says not refundable, but is there any laws (like the ones for distance shopping)?

9 Comments

Supermod

Why are you cancelling? Any chance of force majeure?

Original Poster

Well I registered today for a course starting on monday. but then I thought I can also do it by myself and save money. So I wanna know if I can get any of the deposit back?

Supermod

fotocopy

Well I registered today for a course starting on monday. but then I … Well I registered today for a course starting on monday. but then I thought I can also do it by myself and save money. So I wanna know if I can get any of the deposit back?

How did you register?

Original Poster

In person, not online

Supermod

fotocopy

In person, not online

Then you cannot cancel under the Distance Selling Regulations 2000.

Have you a copy of the Terms?

Original Poster

yes but it also says not refundable
    thanks anyway

Deposits are just that non returnable. If you have been told generally it will stand. You could always ask the actual place where you paid, as they are the only ones who can use their own discretion whether to refund or not.
    Edited by: "simplyjimbo" 29th Oct 2010

Hmmm, can you get a refund on a non refundable purchase..... Let me think for a while on that.

Er, no.

Supermod

Babbabooey

Hmmm, can you get a refund on a non refundable purchase..... Let me think … Hmmm, can you get a refund on a non refundable purchase..... Let me think for a while on that.Er, no.

...because sometimes you can if there is an Act/Regulation that would assist.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764188
      2. Can't delete friends on Xbox 360 or accept any friend requests, anyone know…11
      3. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?88
      4. Weekly game codes giveaway 1831126

See more discussions