Found 20th Sep 2014
Just what the titles says tbh..

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
16 Comments

Try Alibaba instead

always wondered this too

My daughter has ordered from aliexpress regularly and the stuff always arrives pretty quickly with tracked deliveries.

i have ordered stuff from there and its been fine.

I ordered an "SJ4000" Dashcam from them, took around 10 days with tracking. I was pleased with the product.....until....by pure chance I saw through a related Google search that there are SJ4000's and "SJ4000's"...! Fake ones.

So the only way to immediatly tell was a spelling mistake on the box. ASnd low and behold, mine was a fake one

So I contacted the seller and asked why they were selling fake SJ4000 dashcams. Their reply? "A worker was selling them". I told them I wasn't happy, they offered me 50% refund ($45) and I could keep the cam.

I accepted their offer. The cam works, although the battery is rubbish so it need to remain plugged in.

So, buyer beware, and do your research.

artnada

I ordered an "SJ4000" Dashcam from them, took around 10 days with … I ordered an "SJ4000" Dashcam from them, took around 10 days with tracking. I was pleased with the product.....until....by pure chance I saw through a related Google search that there are SJ4000's and "SJ4000's"...! Fake ones.So the only way to immediatly tell was a spelling mistake on the box. ASnd low and behold, mine was a fake one :(So I contacted the seller and asked why they were selling fake SJ4000 dashcams. Their reply? "A worker was selling them". I told them I wasn't happy, they offered me 50% refund ($45) and I could keep the cam. I accepted their offer. The cam works, although the battery is rubbish so it need to remain plugged in. So, buyer beware, and do your research.

thats crazy, thats exactly what im looking to buy right now, i read somehwere and seen a youtube footage review that the clones actually look better, and have better contrast

chantelle310

that's crazy, that's exactly what i'm looking to buy right now, i read … that's crazy, that's exactly what i'm looking to buy right now, i read somewhere and seen a you tube footage review that the clones actually look better, and have better contrast

No dispute about the quality being good. At 1080p it is clear and the colours are good....except for the battery. That is poor, so you wouldn't be able to use it, say, on a pushbike.

The fact they were selling it for the same price as a "real" SJ4000 smacks of a bit of greed by the seller. But, fair play to them, they did refund me half the cost, so I was OK with that.

This is mine through my rear window (with privacy glass).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZprAHEphNY

Another early morning one
youtube.com/wat…MWM
Edited by: "artnada" 20th Sep 2014

artnada

No dispute about the quality being good. At 1080p it is clear and the … No dispute about the quality being good. At 1080p it is clear and the colours are good....except for the battery. That is poor, so you wouldn't be able to use it, say, on a pushbike. The fact they were selling it for the same price as a "real" SJ4000 smacks of a bit of greed by the seller. But, fair play to them, they did refund me half the cost, so I was ok with that.

yeah you done very well to get the half refund, ill be using mine mostly for video reviews on the tripod etc, but would obviously take it on any trips i go on in the future. i love the fisheye. would you recommend it?

chantelle310

yeah you done very well to get the half refund, ill be using mine mostly … yeah you done very well to get the half refund, ill be using mine mostly for video reviews on the tripod etc, but would obviously take it on any trips i go on in the future. i love the fisheye. would you recommend it?

There's not so much of a fisheye effect on this. It's very wide angle. But I would say try and get an original if you can or at least get some spare batteries.

I also have a Transcend DrivePro 200, considering it cost me near on £90, I'm quite disappointed in that one. The videos while being HD looks a bit washed out, like it has too much contrast. I've tried various settings, plus pointing it downward more, even using 3 different sd cards, to try and stop the problem, but to no avail. My Transcend is going back, sadly, to Amazon for a refund.

As a result, I've just, today, ordered one of these gearbest.com/car…tml for half the price, but the quality of the videos I've seen is very good.
Edited by: "artnada" 20th Sep 2014

ali express is the ebay arm of ali baba which is bigger than ebay and amazon put together in terms of turnover.... customer service is a different matter, however if you pay by paypal i think youd be protected. the savings could be worth the risk, its up to you...

cdm22

You could always just try googling them!

Maybe he already has? Maybe he was asking for Hotukdeals members personal opinions and experiences, as y'know MOST members are really helpful?

OP, Can't say I've used it but most people say it's bang on, a bit like ebay but Chinese?
I intend on buying some IP cameras from it soon, so I'll post back the results

Use with caution.

espirit77

ali express is the ebay arm of ali baba which is bigger than ebay and … ali express is the ebay arm of ali baba which is bigger than ebay and amazon put together in terms of turnover.... customer service is a different matter, however if you pay by paypal i think youd be protected. the savings could be worth the risk, its up to you...

You can't pay by PayPal on aliexpress , however I have bought loads of stuff from there and never had a problem, the sellers only get paid when you confirm delivery of the item and they are generally very helpful. Most things I have bought take 2-3 weeks delivery.
In answer to the question, is it safe? Yes

souljacker

You can't pay by PayPal on aliexpress , however I have bought loads of … You can't pay by PayPal on aliexpress , however I have bought loads of stuff from there and never had a problem, the sellers only get paid when you confirm delivery of the item and they are generally very helpful. Most things I have bought take 2-3 weeks delivery.In answer to the question, is it safe? Yes

ok, i thought i had seen paypal as a payment method option on alibaba... sorry. but i agree, as long as you understand the items are being shipped from china, and they may not have english as a first language, go ahead and buy from there. also, how did you ensure your item didn't get held up in customs?

espirit77

ok, i thought i had seen paypal as a payment method option on alibaba... … ok, i thought i had seen paypal as a payment method option on alibaba... sorry. but i agree, as long as you understand the items are being shipped from china, and they may not have english as a first language, go ahead and buy from there. also, how did you ensure your item didn't get held up in customs?

All the sellers I have bought from mark the items as low value or gifts, nothing has ever been stopped so far

always order on Aliexpress, no problems all orders can be tracked. Ali doesn't pay the seller until you confirm delivery and are satisfied with the order.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants