Expired

Is Amazon banned as a seller????

Found 24th Jun
I posted a deal with Amazon as a seller and supplier but it got deleted because

"Really sorry, but the merchant / store you've shared in the following thread isn't currently suitable for HotUKDeals.

"Intex 77604910 Rideon Unicorn, 201x140x97cm £13.94 delivered (Prime / £18.43 non Prime) and from Amazon"

Our moderators will always check the background of a newly submitted
store, to ensure it has adequate customer feedback, to see that it is
registered as a UK Business (or has adequate UK feedback to prove it has
successfully traded within the UK)"
I carefully made sure the seller was Amazon and not other sellers listed on the right
Community Updates
Ask
24 Comments
The mods probably clicked on the link and saw 'net_price_direct' as the seller. Amazon's listing is hidden under the 'new' tab for other sellers as it is temporarily OOS, which the mods didn't realise probably. Amazon is still allowed, just not foreign FBA sellers.

Just drop a mod a PM or message the mod team and they'll sort it.
Edited by: "jamie015" 24th Jun
jamie0156 m ago

The mods probably clicked on the link and saw 'net_price_direct' as the …The mods probably clicked on the link and saw 'net_price_direct' as the seller. Amazon's listing is hidden under the 'new' tab for other sellers as it is temporarily OOS, which the mods didn't realise probably. Amazon is still allowed, just not foreign FBA sellers.Just drop a mod a PM or message the mod team and they'll sort it.

Thanks, I've done that,
This is the second time of posting, the first time _maybe_ it wasn't clear enough, but no explanation
If it’s a fulfilled by amazon they don’t allow every company unless it’s got good feedback, don’t shoot the messenger but they don’t take into account Amazon’s protection but leave us with all of the Chinese sellers which only staff post deals for
eslick2 h, 50 m ago

If it’s a fulfilled by amazon they don’t allow every company unless it’s go …If it’s a fulfilled by amazon they don’t allow every company unless it’s got good feedback, don’t shoot the messenger but they don’t take into account Amazon’s protection but leave us with all of the Chinese sellers which only staff post deals for

Well it simply says "Dispatched from and sold by Amazon. Gift-wrap available. "
It seems clear enough to me
jasee11 m ago

Well it simply says "Dispatched from and sold by Amazon. …Well it simply says "Dispatched from and sold by Amazon. Gift-wrap available. "It seems clear enough to me

who are these amazon guys? never heard of them
doubt any mods have heard of them either
jasee22 m ago

Well it simply says "Dispatched from and sold by Amazon. …Well it simply says "Dispatched from and sold by Amazon. Gift-wrap available. "It seems clear enough to me

Odd a year or more ago Amazon were banned for self promotion if memory serves me correctly could be the same again but no clue really and my memory isn’t great.
eslick11 m ago

Odd a year or more ago Amazon were banned for self promotion if memory …Odd a year or more ago Amazon were banned for self promotion if memory serves me correctly could be the same again but no clue really and my memory isn’t great.

Amazon banned! Oh really? My title was I thought a joke.
Anyway there now are a lot of Amazon listings, so it can't be true, but which strangely also all say 'Dispatched and sold by Amazon'
eslick9 h, 52 m ago

Odd a year or more ago Amazon were banned for self promotion if memory …Odd a year or more ago Amazon were banned for self promotion if memory serves me correctly could be the same again but no clue really and my memory isn’t great.

November 2014:

[ hotukdeals.com/com…302 ]

PS. Anker products (Fulfilled by Amazon or Dispatched and sold by Amazon) were also banned for a while in April 2015:

[ hotukdeals.com/com…822

(perhaps the Intex product "Sold by net_price_direct and Fulfilled by Amazon" also falls into this category at present)
fanpages16 m ago

November 2014:[ https://www.hotukdeals.com/comments/permalink/23361302 …November 2014:[ https://www.hotukdeals.com/comments/permalink/23361302 ]PS. Anker products (Fulfilled by Amazon or Dispatched and sold by Amazon) were also banned for a while in April 2015:[ https://www.hotukdeals.com/comments/permalink/24887822 (perhaps the Intex product "Sold by net_price_direct and Fulfilled by Amazon" also falls into this category at present)

Thanks for your reply, but that's just one of the other suppliers listed on the right, my deal was for the sale directly by Amazon, not marketplace sellers etc.
fanpages25th Jun

November 2014:[ https://www.hotukdeals.com/comments/permalink/23361302 …November 2014:[ https://www.hotukdeals.com/comments/permalink/23361302 ]PS. Anker products (Fulfilled by Amazon or Dispatched and sold by Amazon) were also banned for a while in April 2015:[ https://www.hotukdeals.com/comments/permalink/24887822 (perhaps the Intex product "Sold by net_price_direct and Fulfilled by Amazon" also falls into this category at present)

I knew you would be able to find it my simple google search didnt show it up. Cannot believe it was that long ago.
jasee10 m ago

Thanks for your reply, but that's just one of the other suppliers listed …Thanks for your reply, but that's just one of the other suppliers listed on the right, my deal was for the sale directly by Amazon, not marketplace sellers etc.

14 hours later and deal not put back up... to be expected though i guess
(the 3rd party seller @14.99 seems to have decent feedback anyway? 97% over 6k feedback, uk registered - looks like with 300k+ 99.8% on ebay too)
Edited by: "brilly" 25th Jun
jasee23 m ago

Thanks for your reply, but that's just one of the other suppliers listed …Thanks for your reply, but that's just one of the other suppliers listed on the right, my deal was for the sale directly by Amazon, not marketplace sellers etc.

It may be all Intex products then; just like Anker products were unable to be submitted as "Deals" for a while.

Perhaps you should "Report" one of your comments in this thread so a Moderator can review &/or offer an explanation.
fanpages5 m ago

It may be all Intex products then; just like Anker products were unable to …It may be all Intex products then; just like Anker products were unable to be submitted as "Deals" for a while.Perhaps you should "Report" one of your comments in this thread so a Moderator can review &/or offer an explanation.

loads of intex things posted previously
was it the fact that the products were made by anker or the fact that ankerdirect seem to be the seller most (all?) of the time?

i would expect this is just another reading fail by the mod
fanpages13 m ago

It may be all Intex products then; just like Anker products were unable to …It may be all Intex products then; just like Anker products were unable to be submitted as "Deals" for a while.Perhaps you should "Report" one of your comments in this thread so a Moderator can review &/or offer an explanation.

Not all Intex products are not allowed, there's an inflatable Unicorn pool by Intex already posted. Intex seems to be a big maker of inflatables. I've asked for a reply. Bt mail is inaccessible again, again, again, by client this morning.
Anyway thought I'd just post my surprise here.
Sometimes you go to great lengths to avoid the invisible obstacles, but then hit another one
Thanks all for your posts.
If you click add to basket, on the sold by amazon one, then in the basket click the item, the page would show the item sold by amazon. You can try use that link.
However, as I have a look it shows OOS for the sold by amazon one? maybe that's why the mods deleted it?
Edited by: "arjanvirdi" 25th Jun
arjanvirdi2 m ago

If you click add to basket, on the sold by amazon one, then in the basket …If you click add to basket, on the sold by amazon one, then in the basket click the item, the page would show the item sold by amazon. You can try use that link.

I did try to use an extended link, not just the link to the page, normally I remove everything but the direct link.
arjanvirdi8 m ago

If you click add to basket, on the sold by amazon one, then in the basket …If you click add to basket, on the sold by amazon one, then in the basket click the item, the page would show the item sold by amazon. You can try use that link.However, as I have a look it shows OOS for the sold by amazon one? maybe that's why the mods deleted it?

its temp out of stock but still orderable at the price - consider it a preorder
been deals posted like that many times previously
Edited by: "brilly" 25th Jun
@jasee we've taken a look at the deal you posted, it should now be live.
niceroundpound1 m ago

@jasee we've taken a look at the deal you posted, it should now be live.

but did you take a look at WHY it wasn't?
@brilly it would appear there was some confusion about the seller of the product.
brilly1 h, 3 m ago

loads of intex things posted previouslywas it the fact that the products …loads of intex things posted previouslywas it the fact that the products were made by anker or the fact that ankerdirect seem to be the seller most (all?) of the time?i would expect this is just another reading fail by the mod

All products regardless of seller, merchant site, or third party platform.

To quote Syzable:

"Just to clarify, Amazon deals are not banned, however AnkerDirect products are banned due to self promotion. Whether by Amazon Marketplace, direct sales, ebay store etc these are not permitted at this time."
fanpages11 m ago

All products regardless of seller, merchant site, or third party …All products regardless of seller, merchant site, or third party platform.To quote Syzable:"Just to clarify, Amazon deals are not banned, however AnkerDirect products are banned due to self promotion. Whether by Amazon Marketplace, direct sales, ebay store etc these are not permitted at this time."

my point was about the product rather than the seller
those listed above are just ankerdirect in their various outlets
just wasn't sure if ankerdirect were the sole vendor of them

eg
amazon.co.uk/gp/…new
anker product sold by ankerdirect and also some 3rd party gouger 'tech n power'
surely tech n power deal woud have been allowed... (before being colded crazily)

niceroundpound49 m ago

@brilly it would appear there was some confusion about the seller of the …@brilly it would appear there was some confusion about the seller of the product.

seemed pretty clear - wasit not posted as sold by amazon? and amazon the only ones matching the deal price?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants