Is amazon fire tablet for £29.99 good?

24 replies
Found 23rd Nov 2016
Is the fire tablet for £29.99 as part of black friday good?

Thinking for basic browsings like facebook and internet and use of things like BBC iplayer.

Is there a better alternative at a similar price point?

24 Comments

If you go through quidco and argos you can get it for £19.99 after cashback if you click the "claim" button on todays bonus. Makes it £19.99 so yes - worth it for what you want imo. Can always sell it on if not and get money back!
Edited by: "Babbler" 23rd Nov 2016

takes about 10 minutes too stick google play store on it

16gb is much better value i have that - alternative to google play store is apk pure i use that on ours much less storage space needed

Babbler

If you go through quidco and argos you can get it for £19.99 after … If you go through quidco and argos you can get it for £19.99 after cashback if you click the "claim" button on todays bonus. Makes it £19.99 so yes - worth it for what you want imo. Can always sell it on if not and get money back!

​ive just joi ed quido how do i gt it 4 19.99 . thanks foes wuido chargd u any think thanks

zed2000

​ive just joi ed quido how do i gt it 4 19.99 . thanks foes wuido c … ​ive just joi ed quido how do i gt it 4 19.99 . thanks foes wuido chargd u any think thanks

oO

sorry just joined quido how do i gt it 4 19.99 thanks

My wife got one to replace her old Nexus, go for the 16GB one, great tablet for the price.

Babbler

If you go through quidco and argos you can get it for £19.99 after … If you go through quidco and argos you can get it for £19.99 after cashback if you click the "claim" button on todays bonus. Makes it £19.99 so yes - worth it for what you want imo. Can always sell it on if not and get money back!

Quidco holds a list of account holders eligible for this promotion. Ineligible account holders will not receive communications regarding the promotion from Quidco and will not be entitled to receive the £10 bonus.

mattmerch

takes about 10 minutes too stick google play store on it

How do you do that? I really dislike the Amazon Store and how you are limited to products/apps from there so would like to have the option to download games like the Walking Dead - The Road to Survival onto it. Also, you need to have a bookmark for youtube rather than an app? So I think Google Play would have an app I can download instead also.

airguitarjump

How do you do that? I really dislike the Amazon Store and how you are … How do you do that? I really dislike the Amazon Store and how you are limited to products/apps from there so would like to have the option to download games like the Walking Dead - The Road to Survival onto it. Also, you need to have a bookmark for youtube rather than an app? So I think Google Play would have an app I can download instead also.

​There are loads of guides on Google.

craigstephens

​There are loads of guides on Google.

+1 google has helped me find a lot of guides over the years handy site worth bookmarking

chocci

Quidco holds a list of account holders eligible for this promotion. … Quidco holds a list of account holders eligible for this promotion. Ineligible account holders will not receive communications regarding the promotion from Quidco and will not be entitled to receive the £10 bonus.

Yes - but if you have it on the front page when you log in you are eligible

Google play store works. Play services doesnt. So if an app relies on thay (e.g. youtube kids) it wont work.

mattmerch

+1 google has helped me find a lot of guides over the years handy site … +1 google has helped me find a lot of guides over the years handy site worth bookmarking

​Id go so far as to recommend setting it as a home page.

zed2000

​ive just joi ed quido how do i gt it 4 19.99 . thanks foes wuido c … ​ive just joi ed quido how do i gt it 4 19.99 . thanks foes wuido chargd u any think thanks

FFS

these are good got them last year for kids and we're selling fast. only had to replace one as lil one left it on floor and Mr came in and put size 12 on it. we've used them at night for just searching or playing the games. good battery life.

moob

FFS

​sorry whats ffs

zed2000

​sorry whats ffs

Illiteracy perhaps?

zed2000

​Are you even human?

yes i am was half a sleep when texed lol

I've got 2 and they are a bargain for £29.99 each.

I bought an Amazon fire tablet to use instead of my android phone , problem is most of the apps and games I wanted to use on the tablet don't work , I'm waiting for a good deal on an android tablet so I can bin this fire tablet , it's like using an outdated computer , even the apps like ebay are what we used 5 years ago on android .

irishbaby

these are good got them last year for kids and we're selling fast. only … these are good got them last year for kids and we're selling fast. only had to replace one as lil one left it on floor and Mr came in and put size 12 on it. we've used them at night for just searching or playing the games. good battery life.

​Amazon may have replaced it for you free of charge, albeit with a used/refurbed one. My brother in law damaged his
Kindle when it was in his work bag. His daughter went onto Amazon chat and explained what had happened. They agreed to send him a used replacement of the same model.

scobe7

I bought an Amazon fire tablet to use instead of my android phone , … I bought an Amazon fire tablet to use instead of my android phone , problem is most of the apps and games I wanted to use on the tablet don't work , I'm waiting for a good deal on an android tablet so I can bin this fire tablet , it's like using an outdated computer , even the apps like ebay are what we used 5 years ago on android .

Dnt bin sell it for cheap to me
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769536
    2. Add one, leave one game54415455
    3. Anyone else bored of video gaming2640
    4. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522879

See more discussions