Expired

Is Amazon market place safe to buy ? Seller has 0 feedback,

Found 8th Jul 2013
is Amazon market place safe to buy ? Seller has 0 feedback, email from seller is selling a Panasonic Smart VIERA TX-P50ST30B for £399, i know its an older model but price sounds just to good to be true, price includes shipping and 2 year international warranty. amazon have asked that the payment be made via them into a Greek bank account, im just hesitating here, advice pls ? thanks
Community Updates
14 Comments
Dont I always look for more rated ones. even if I pay more. Youll get better delivery times and service
Original Poster
im just not to sure on this one, e mail from amazon.uk saying to make the bank transfer to someone in Greece ? that makes me suspicious. £390 for the tv with postage, this tv is still selling at £699 Panasonic Smart VIERA TX-P50ST30B 50-inch Full HD 1080p 3D 600Hz Internet-Ready Plasma TV with Freeview HD, something fishy i think even though i would have the A-Z protection, im pondering on just giving this one a miss !
Bought some thermal copy paper last week and it was fake,seller has 4.6 feedback on over 300 sales, now I have to go to post office to return it and wait for my money
my experience with market place has been a joke, Amazon didn't want to offer any help when my item didn't arrive. lost my money. I don't know what Amazon fulfillment is supposed to stand for.
Original Poster
Im so glad i wrote to you guys as now my mind is made up, was also doing a bit of searching online and some folk not having good experience's. the international warranty its meant to come with, it will probably be in greek lol I sure wont be buying. the tv's that were showing last night have all mysteriously gone, yeh something sure fishy, would rather pay the extra money and get piece of mind, will update the post with any replies from seller as have mailed her ant told he no thank a lot :0)
sound dodgy, best to keep clear.
i would say too risky! tc
Original Poster
the seller has just answered a question i put to her about what happens after she gets payment from amazon and the tv breaks , she has replied that she would pay for return and send another item mmmm sounds just to fishy, cant see any of the tv's that she had up last night, im wondering if i can find the seller via Amazon website , off to check it out
ettam123

Bought some thermal copy paper last week and it was fake,seller has 4.6 … Bought some thermal copy paper last week and it was fake,seller has 4.6 feedback on over 300 sales, now I have to go to post office to return it and wait for my money

If it is fake/counterfeit, it is illegal to post.
Can you risk losing that money?
Never bought from the market place, but if you pay on your credit card, you should be able to make a claim off the credit card should something go wrong.
The Therapist

If it is fake/counterfeit, it is illegal to post.

I spoke to someone at Amazon and was told to post it back and it would be ok because It was a return
Original Poster
no who am i kidding £400 is a lot of money to lose , ive done a lot of searching online re being scammed on Amaz and it can happen so defo no to this deal , thanks all , back to looking for my new 51 ich tv lol
Just because it is a greek bank account you will still have your amazon protection on the purchase and some protection if you pay by credit card. Much rather deal with Amazon customer service at any level than for example buy from a Ebay and Paypal.

Original Poster

Just because it is a greek bank account you will still have your amazon … Just because it is a greek bank account you will still have your amazon protection on the purchase and some protection if you pay by credit card. Much rather deal with Amazon customer service at any level than for example buy from a Ebay and Paypal.

They are asking for the payment to be put directly in a Greek bank account which by passes an Amazon representative ! No TV in basket stating the tv from this seller is no longer available from this seller. Also the order number is not to be found. I have since spoken to amazon live and its a scam, my gut was right, they now need the emails etc
thanks to all for your input, thank fully i never parted with any money
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions