Is Amazon prime no longer next day delivery?

Found 11th Nov 2017
Have Amazon prime stopped weekend deliveries? Was ordering an item and it says delivery Monday?? Surely if they've stopped weekend deliveries....then they should refund part of your membership fee.
Community Updates
Ask
54 Comments
I noticed that yesterday but just assumed it was the particular product I was viewing. Having looked through my wish list, everything says Monday 🤔.
I have prime and ordered last night and the item is being delivered on Monday. Happening quite a bit at the minute. Seems to depend on the item being purchased
Sandypie24 m ago

I have prime and ordered last night and the item is being delivered on …I have prime and ordered last night and the item is being delivered on Monday. Happening quite a bit at the minute. Seems to depend on the item being purchased

I thought that (depends on the item) But it's actually on everything, Unsure why they've suddenly done this, No explanation or anything!
I wonder if it has anything to do with their new warehouse distribution center in Essex. I wanted to order something on Wednesday which was stock but it gave me a Saturday delivery
toulousenessie18 m ago

I wonder if it has anything to do with their new warehouse distribution …I wonder if it has anything to do with their new warehouse distribution center in Essex. I wanted to order something on Wednesday which was stock but it gave me a Saturday delivery

That looks fun, let me try.
I took off my socks in Sunderland, it was a fairly warm Tuesday evening. Tesco ran out of low-fat yoghurt on Sunday.
It's not just the delivery. Looking at last order times they want everything ordered today for delivery Monday. So they are not even processing orders Sunday. It better be a one off!
Same here, went to order a SSD couldn't find any with next day delivery, mostly Monday and Tuesday deliveries.
Then i filtered to all items being sold by Amazon thinking that it was an issue with the sellers, again not one its being sent out next day delivery,.

I then check in music, clothing, random items , still the same scenario, no next day delivery.

I am hoping this is a one off, as i only have Prime because of the next day delivery, if not i will be cancelling my subscription post haste
Also in my experience one-day delivery has been extremely slow recently (they even lost a parcel last week, something that has never happened whilst on Prime)
Weird indeed, we are still pretty far from Christmas so that shouldn't be the issue..
Me:If Amazon are no longer delivering on weekends...then surely you have to compensate every single prime member

Manish:I have just checked this , and I am very sorry to inform you that due to some technical glitch/error at our end.

Me:And when will this glitch/error be fixed?

Manish:sorry for delay in response.
We work very hard to ensure that our customers get uninterrupted services. As of now our dedicated team is working on resolving this issue.
We strive to offer customers the best available delivery options along with accurate delivery estimates. At times, when we know there are likely to be delays we will extend the delivery estimates for customers orders so that we are providing them with an accurate delivery promise at checkout.

Me:So how long will it take to fix? You're not answering my question

Manish:Ali , we are working to resolve this issue, they are trying to fix this as soon as possible.
In the meantime i'd suggest you to check your weekend delivery addresses in your account.

Me:Surely Amazon should send an email out to it's paying prime members to explain the situation
My addresses are fine, they are the same ones I've been using since opening an account
As a gesture of Goodwill....They have put a £5 promo credit on my account.
They no doubt use a SAP type system that has gone tits up
iduno8724 m ago

Thanks for the tip. Just did the same and got the £5 offered in less than 2 minutes.
iduno8724 m ago

So now I have to complain in order to get £5

I don't actually want a delivery tomorrow as I'm work, but I was wanting to get an order put in tonight for Monday and not be forced to do it early......
ITMA1 h, 17 m ago

That looks fun, let me try.I took off my socks in Sunderland, it was a …That looks fun, let me try.I took off my socks in Sunderland, it was a fairly warm Tuesday evening. Tesco ran out of low-fat yoghurt on Sunday.

Exactly the same thing happened to me, as in I had some Weetabix on Monday and then on Wednesday evening Men In Black came on TV
Same day delivery available to me but fastest next day is Monday
They've had a nightmare this last week.. With Xbox deliveries, I pre ordered a switch game which was in stock and available to be delivered on the 7th. It's expected to be delivered today instead. But initially I got told 2-4 weeks.

Feel like a big change is going to take place with Amazon soon. Especially after hearing stories of how easy it has been for security teams to manipulate stock from their warehouses etc.

I only pay for prime to get unlimited next day delivery on most items I buy.
Ordered on prime yesterday. Just delivered. Not had a problem with next day delivery yet.
deleted1597344
Amazon have been nothing but a joke recently. I’ve just spoken to them and got £5 credit and 1 month prime extension.
I'm not sure what has happened, but everything suddenly has fixed itself?
I ordered something on Amazon yesterday, prime eligible but I was given Monday as a delivery date, they emailed me this morning to say it was dispatched and it just arrived.
I posted the same thing a few weeks ago.
I ordered a couple of things yesterday and selected one day delivery. Both haven't arrived, I thought it was odd. I just saw this thread so I've emailed them too. I've never had an issue with them before really. Well I have but they've always been v helpful and put it right
deleted159734411th Nov 2017

Amazon have been nothing but a joke recently. I’ve just spoken to them and …Amazon have been nothing but a joke recently. I’ve just spoken to them and got £5 credit and 1 month prime extension.

Me too I'm happy with that
Ordered two items today(mon) both said Thursday. I need one item before I go away Thursday afternoon so had to pay the extra 4.49 to get it before 1pm Thursday. I called them and complained and they tried to blame Black Friday. I said it’s been like this over a month now on anything I have looked at. Next day delivery is my only reason for having prime, I don’t watch the movies etc. Very annoyed. Offered my a months extension but I pay monthly.
Have noticed the same over the current few months, I opted to pay the extra monthly payment to get next day delivery, but that does not happen with my parcels anymore !!!!
Same here too on anker prodcts
Edited by: "the.porter" 6th Dec 2017
Hi all,

What I have discovered is that this now seems to be a postcode lottery. I have Prime and have just made an order that is saying Monday delivery on my next day, its now Thursday, however if you log out and go into the item you have the option to choose a different postcode. Try a few and you will find some shocking results. It looks like Amazon is completely discriminating against us dependent upon where you live. For example they will happily deliver this to London on Friday
Same noticed some things 2 or 3 days had something say next day and it go returned to amazon after 6 days but I did get £5 free credit and extra month of prime for that
I live in Cornwall and each Prime next Day Delivery is now taking approx 5 days. Don't see the point of having Prime any more to be honest, as we only bought it for the expedited delivery. When I contacted a rep over my Black Friday order they said it was an extra few days due to the value of Black Fri orders. Fair enough, but now I ordered an in stock item yesterday (Weds) and it's not due to come until Monday.

The 2nd rep I spoke to said there was a problem at the fulfillment centre which is causing delays and gave me a month of free Prime which is nice of them but kind of useless when I only bought Prime for faster free shipping. At last I can use the membership to support Twitch streamers I suppose...
Julie_-1065454428698618594 h, 9 m ago

I live in Cornwall and each Prime next Day Delivery is now taking approx 5 …I live in Cornwall and each Prime next Day Delivery is now taking approx 5 days. Don't see the point of having Prime any more to be honest, as we only bought it for the expedited delivery. When I contacted a rep over my Black Friday order they said it was an extra few days due to the value of Black Fri orders. Fair enough, but now I ordered an in stock item yesterday (Weds) and it's not due to come until Monday. The 2nd rep I spoke to said there was a problem at the fulfillment centre which is causing delays and gave me a month of free Prime which is nice of them but kind of useless when I only bought Prime for faster free shipping. At last I can use the membership to support Twitch streamers I suppose...

Funnily enough, last time I spoke to someone on live chat about my delivery date they said that they didn't promote next day delivery as part of prime!

Absolute furious, I was.
iduno8711th Nov

Me:If Amazon are no longer delivering on weekends...then surely you have …Me:If Amazon are no longer delivering on weekends...then surely you have to compensate every single prime memberManish:I have just checked this , and I am very sorry to inform you that due to some technical glitch/error at our end.Me:And when will this glitch/error be fixed?Manish:sorry for delay in response.We work very hard to ensure that our customers get uninterrupted services. As of now our dedicated team is working on resolving this issue.We strive to offer customers the best available delivery options along with accurate delivery estimates. At times, when we know there are likely to be delays we will extend the delivery estimates for customers orders so that we are providing them with an accurate delivery promise at checkout.Me:So how long will it take to fix? You're not answering my questionManish:Ali , we are working to resolve this issue, they are trying to fix this as soon as possible.In the meantime i'd suggest you to check your weekend delivery addresses in your account.Me:Surely Amazon should send an email out to it's paying prime members to explain the situationMy addresses are fine, they are the same ones I've been using since opening an account

I am starting to suspect Manish isn't on top of this problem.
Am getting this Message:

''Storm Caroline Update

Due to the effects of Storm Caroline on the UK delivery network, orders placed between 7th and 9th December in your area are subject to extended delivery estimates. This is because we know there is a risk of delays and always want to provide customers with the most accurate expectations. Don't worry though, our carriers will still be trying to deliver to you as soon as possible and if we can deliver your orders next day then we will do''
Has anybody had any update? I used to be able to order up to 10pm for next day now I only see the day after as an option. I've changed no settings so can't understand what's changed.
I had same issue and had to raise a complaint. Got transferred from person to person. After 2 weeks I miraculously got one day delivery back again. I can order on any day and get it next day. On the other hand my wife' account is still showing express delivery and not one day delivery
darren.williams7th Dec

Hi all,What I have discovered is that this now seems to be a postcode …Hi all,What I have discovered is that this now seems to be a postcode lottery. I have Prime and have just made an order that is saying Monday delivery on my next day, its now Thursday, however if you log out and go into the item you have the option to choose a different postcode. Try a few and you will find some shocking results. It looks like Amazon is completely discriminating against us dependent upon where you live. For example they will happily deliver this to London on Friday

It has nothing to do with postcode. Me and my wife live at the same address. I complained and I am now receiving next day. My wife's account is still the same (after Thursday doesn't arrive until monday)
If any of you are having this issue still. It's all to do with the default status on the webpage. For example, today it shows as order today and receive next Wednesday! (Express delivery). Go through the checkout process and then select 'one day delivery' you'll then receive it next day. I don't know what's happened but the option is still there. It just doesn't show on the main page when you're viewing items. Get in touch with Amazon and they will sort it. You will need the technical department and not the usual customer service team
It's very frustrating to prime users expecting next day deliveries. I blame delayed millenium bug syndrome. Or man flu. Or idleitis. Failing that it's Christmas party day at amazon hq.
Old thread but better than starting a new one so i'm getting only monday and tuesday delivery with prime is everybody getting the same been like this for 2 days now ?

I know about the weather just want to know if its the same for everybody or is something wrong with my account as this happened before when i updated my card.
Edited by: "waterloo" 1st Mar
Same delivery of Mon / Tue here in the North East (normally have next day). I think they have just defaulted everything to next week at the earliest.
Bingstroller2 h, 50 m ago

Same delivery of Mon / Tue here in the North East (normally have next …Same delivery of Mon / Tue here in the North East (normally have next day). I think they have just defaulted everything to next week at the earliest.

Thank you at least somebody could be bothered to check for me
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions