Is Amazon Prime worth it?

Posted 4th May
Reading through these forums, there still seems to be people out there who think Amazon Prime is a bad thing. I have had it for years and use it nearly every day either by listening to music, watching movies or free delivery when buying stuff. For me, it’s the best £79 I spend a year.

I used to spend a fortune on CD’s when I was younger. Now I get most of the music I listen to included with Prime.

In the UK, Amazon Prime membership costs either £7.99 a month or £79 a year - with the latter making more economic sense at the equivalent of £6.58 a month. Alternatively, you can also subscribe to Prime Video exclusively for £5.99 a month.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

21 Comments
I think you have already answered your own question. It depends what you get out of it. Others may suggest they also enjoy Twitch prime benefits through amazon prime with free games each month and free subscription to favourite streamer. There are benefits for the membership for the right person and needs.
Hiya
I love amazon prime it’s great if you buy a lot from Amazon. If you have a friend who is willing to go half with you or even a few of you could get it. If you don’t buy from Amazon don’t waste your money.
As someone who has terrible anxiety, it’s well worth the money. Some days I cannot get out of bed and knowing I can get certain things delivered next day is a life saver. The football and extras keep me busy when at a low point too.

For others next day delivery might not be worth it and that’s fair enough.
At least one (maybe the only one?) Amazon customer wants a "do not attempt to sell me that Prime service rubbish" button hotukdeals.com/dis…751
OP is Jeff Bezos, no doubt about it.
Wouldn't be without it. Saved me hundreds of pounds over the years. Like Amazon Prime video also.
If you don’t mind ordering from Amazon over the £20 threshold for free delivery, and have other better streaming services like Netflix and Now TV, and get all of your music from YouTube, then Prime is not worth the £79.99 per year imo. They usually have deals on Prime Day for a year of Amazon Prime pricing at £59.99 and students can get it for less
Yes worth it if you have student discount which is £39 a year. Otherwise NO!
I'd be a lot better off if I didn't have prime. I now own pretty much every gadget you can think of thanks to next day prime delivery
MrKrabs04/05/2020 22:02

I'd be a lot better off if I didn't have prime. I now own pretty much …I'd be a lot better off if I didn't have prime. I now own pretty much every gadget you can think of thanks to next day prime delivery

Robot vacuum cleaner?
rimalpatel00704/05/2020 21:31

Yes worth it if you have student discount which is £39 a year. Otherwise …Yes worth it if you have student discount which is £39 a year. Otherwise NO!

I second this, I have Prime currently but won’t be able to justify it when it reverts back to full price as I don’t use the music (have Spotify) and have only used PrimeVideo once (have Netflix, NowTV, Disney+). It’s handy at the moment being able to order smaller items that are hard to get on grocery orders though (hand wash, body lotion etc).
Iv saved loads in pantry, subscription and a odd great deal. It’s also cheaper then Argos!
I don’t hardly listen to music and movies are old and boring
I don't listen to music and checking my past five years order history I've averaged around three and a half orders from amazon per year (none at all so far in 2020).

I haven't looked at their video offerings lately, but when I last looked a couple of years ago it mostly consisted of US drama which is of little interest to me as a rule (and neither is premiere league football).

I wouldn't go so far as to call it a bad thing but it wouldn't offer good value for money for me.
Edited by: "EndlessWaves" 4th May
Prime is excellent value for money TBH; as well as what you outlined you also get unlimited photo storage across all platforms and a selection of Kindle Books and magazines for free. I easily get back the £79; You would pay more than that just for a separate music subscription.....
Edited by: "indywooda" 4th May
MrKrabs04/05/2020 22:18

Yup, got the xiaomi 1st gen one.

Digital art canvas?
Prime Video
Twitch Prime (including free tier 1 sub + bonus free games)
Free same day/next day delivery on main site
Access to Prime Now

Prime costs £79.99 a year. Twitch tier 1 sub costs £4.99 a month. £4.99 x 12 = £59.98 so £20 more and you get all the other benefits. IMO it's worth it if you use Twitch and would pay for a sub otherwise.

If you can get Prime Student it's even better, 100% worth it in that case if you use Twitch.
I think amazon prime is really good value for money. Initially I was skeptical when it started but then I saved at least £20 -£30 on delivery, but with my wife spending more than me, I think the savings are higher.

On top you get the advantage of Amazon Prime. Soon when things get to normal we might be able to enjoy some footie as well.
Misslovely04/05/2020 22:21

Iv saved loads in pantry, subscription and a odd great deal. It’s also c …Iv saved loads in pantry, subscription and a odd great deal. It’s also cheaper then Argos! I don’t hardly listen to music and movies are old and boring

Nothing wrong being old and boring
During these times deliveries have been pushed back, was looking at some items the other day and estimated delivery was nearly 2 weeks away, so I didnt bother.

Prime is worth it it you regularly use it, I'm not sure if I will continue. I hardly use their video or music, they're not as good as the competitors.
Edited by: "jg213" 5th May
ChelseaRae04/05/2020 22:13

I second this, I have Prime currently but won’t be able to justify it when …I second this, I have Prime currently but won’t be able to justify it when it reverts back to full price as I don’t use the music (have Spotify) and have only used PrimeVideo once (have Netflix, NowTV, Disney+). It’s handy at the moment being able to order smaller items that are hard to get on grocery orders though (hand wash, body lotion etc).

completely agree. I'm in this same position. Aside from the one day delivery (which I don't use very often) I hardly use it. I'm not sure I'll renew when I can no longer get the student discount (I think its a limit of 4 years and i'm on the 4th year).
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions